We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Does anyone have a site exhibiting these exact symptoms that can share access with me so I can attempt to diagnose the problem where it is occuring? I’m having absolutely no luck reproducing this with live or local sites I do have access to, and am wondering if I’m going crazy. If you are still experiencing these intermittent blank page problems and are willing to let me debug your site as it sits live, PLEASE contact me ASAP via PM.
      • 109 Posts
      I have just moved sites to new hosting, and got the same problem.

Cured by deleting and replacing all files in the /assets/cache dir. If this re-occurs I’m ok to give live access!

I’m on shared hosting, as I was b4 but the new setup has caused a few problems, I suspect because they are running with SAFE MODE on.

Richard
        • 11 Posts
        I had the same problem, but is seems to be disappeared with the update to version 0.9.2
        I’ve had no more blank pages since the update smiley
        • Quote from: BBrunekreeft at Apr 28, 2006, 07:00 AM

I had the same problem, but is seems to be disappeared with the update to version 0.9.2
          I’ve had no more blank pages since the update smiley

@BBrunekreeft: Just for confirmation sake, did you update to the current 0.9.2.1 or patch your upgraded 0.9.2 with the 0.9.2.1 patch? Or is this cured for you on the initial 0.9.2 (rev 1003) upgrade? I was curious if this problem might be related to the sendRedirect() function bug that revealed itself in the 0.9.2 release, and if this upgrade gets rid of the bug, well, I’d just be ecstatic about it! laugh
            • 11 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Apr 29, 2006, 07:51 AM

@BBrunekreeft: Just for confirmation sake, did you update to the current 0.9.2.1 or patch your upgraded 0.9.2 with the 0.9.2.1 patch? Or is this cured for you on the initial 0.9.2 (rev 1002) upgrade? I was curious if this problem might be related to the sendRedirect() function bug that revealed itself in the 0.9.2 release, and if this upgrade gets rid of the bug, well, I’d just be ecstatic about it! laugh

I didn’t know there was a 0.9.2.1 version smiley
            I downloaded the version from the homepage, upgraded to this version and that was it.
            My version is now: MODx 0.9.2 (rev 1003)
              • 1,611 Posts
              Just thought that I should report back on my situation here.

I started another MODx site on the same server (same host, different account) and this one is 0.9.2.1 (since it wasn’t out yet when I was building the last one). I have never had a blank page problem with this installation. I’ve been working on this site constantly for the last couple weeks, so by now I would have expected to have seen the issue if it were going to occur.

So maybe it has been fixed just as mysteriously as it appeared?
                "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
                • 67 Posts
                Dragon Company Reply #77, 18 years ago
                Hi,

Got same problem ... A week ago, one of my co-administrator logged and enter a new item ... When she validate, modx loaded a long time and then blank page ...
                Nothing special, website was offline, she was already logged 2 days ago before problem, enter 150 items without any problem ...

Aour tell me what to do, rename old cache files
                -> error on the page

and reloaded it ... it okay now but it’s very annoying sad

Regards
                • There are too many reasons why one might get a blank page during the rendering process, so let’s quit treating this all as one and the same bug, as I do not believe many of these are related at all. Please post your specific issues in a specific thread with details about the pages or single page exhibiting this behavior. Topic locked...

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.