We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 429 Posts
    Quote from: goldsky at Mar 31, 2009, 08:39 AM

Quote from: c-m at Mar 31, 2009, 08:26 AM

This particular host doesn’t offer a control pannel or anything, how would i go about finding the correct path?

You can start asking your webhost administrator about the Cpanel, or the path to your web-directory.
    It’s not a joke. You should know it from the beginning.

I called the hosting company DONHOST, their support line didn’t seem to have much of a clue. They said the site root is /public_html/ That is the heighest directory level in the site.

Suffice to say that didn’t work - with other hosts the root has always been something like /home/public_html/[modx_site]

Do you have any other ideas short of switching host?
    • Make a php file, with this content:

<?php
        phpinfo();
      ?>

Upload it to your server, run it from your browser.
      Look for a "DOCUMENT_ROOT".
        Rico
        Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
        MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
        • 429 Posts
        sorted thanks.

I found a stie for ecommerce software and someone had a similar issue with donhost. I now know the correct path. Still I will continue to move my companies sites away from this company.

Thanks
          • 13 Posts
          tank you goldsky, I’m on a shared web server and your steps worked perfectly.

Tools > Configuration:

Resource path: /home/[your-username]/public_html/assets/
          Resource URL: http://www.[your-website].com/assets/

File manager path: http://www.[your-website].com/assets
            • 73 Posts
            Just would like to say that I’ve probably spent the last three hours working on a similar problem, checking all the directories/files to be 777 etc etc / trying to get the right path(s) searching various threads etc etc - had the file manager working to some degree, in that I could upload a file to it, but could not add a new directory getting access denied etc

The Editor would not let me view any files that I had uploaded to assets/images and would not let me upload any getting the "Failed to upload file, internal error message" every time.

So it was only when I found this thread did I finally get things working - using MODx 1.0.2

Under Tools/Config/File Manager:
            File Manager Path /home/wwwanoth/public_html/assets/

Then under Tools/Config/Interface & Features:
            File base path /home/wwwanoth/public_html/assets/
            File Browser URL http://www.anotherharddayattheoffice.co.uk/assets/

And it all now works !!!

Now on to the next issue!