We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 141 Posts
    Yeehaaa, success, thank you very much you are one clever guy. (oh it worked by the way)
      • 1,336 Posts
      Glad its working, hopefully fixed in the next release, there’s an issue already raised about this.
        Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
        • 36 Posts
        Have hacked the package as suggested - it all works now apart from the files option.

I am not bothered about this as I have them all backed up on my PC.

Thanks for this - saved my many hours of b*lls ache ! grin

NWJ
          • 1,336 Posts
          Glad it’s OK now, I’m going push the 1.7 beta before end next week latest, hopefully other folks won’t get stung again like you did.
            • 284 Posts
            Hi all,

is it possible to preserve published-on date from the old evolution site? Just want to migrate my blog to revolution but currently it’s impossible because the provisioner tool copies the pages unpublished?
            Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!
              MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
              • 1,336 Posts
              Yes, this is deliberately done so as not to pollute your site with resources that just appear as published, you can use the Batcher 3PC to bulk publish resources I believe or if you really want to do this on import comment out the following lines in the file /core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php, 1592 and 1669, where the code says ’$resourcedata[’published’] = 0;’ then you will get the published status as set by your evo site.
                • 284 Posts
                Quote from: shamblett at Sep 13, 2010, 05:46 PM

Yes, this is deliberately done so as not to pollute your site with resources that just appear as published, you can use the Batcher 3PC to bulk publish resources I believe
                Okay, that’s possible but not if i want to prevent the old publishing dates, so the 2nd solution is good for me:

Quote from: shamblett at Sep 13, 2010, 05:46 PM
                or if you really want to do this on import comment out the following lines in the file /core/components/provisioner/model/provisioner/provisioner.class.php, 1592 and 1669, where the code says ’$resourcedata[’published’] = 0;’ then you will get the published status as set by your evo site.

Thank you very much. Perhaps it could be implemented as a additional option in further versions?

//edit: Okay, second tip hadn’t worked for me. Now there’s no given published-date in MODx.
                  MODX Free Template Base: MODX-Boilerplate | my blog (lots of MODX stuff) | my gitHub (translations) | MODX User Groups Germany (Facebook)
                  • 1,336 Posts
                  AH, yes sorry you need to update to Provisioner 1.7, download the revogaetway.zip for 1.7 and re-install this in your evo site, the publishing should now have the correct dates.
                    • 834 Posts
                    Shamblett,

sorry to go over this again, but the instructions are far from clear. First of all i had a devil of a job finding the revogateway file. No search results for it on this site, but eventually I found it. Really made that one hard to find.

Anyway, I have installed it in the live Evo directory assets/snippets/revogateway as per your instructions above

However it doesn't seem to do much so i figure there must be another step to make it work.

When I try and login to the site thru the Revo Provsioner menu, it just loads the home page in a mangled fashion.

It does that whether I have the revogateway folder or not, so I'm guessing there's a missing step somewhere.

Hope that all makes sense.

Any advice appreciated.

[ed. note: markg last edited this post 11 years, 11 months ago.]
                      Content Creator and Copywriter
                      • 1,336 Posts
                      Well, from the description of Provisioner in the downloads area :-

"Also remember to install the revogateway connectors pack into any Evolution site you wish to use. See the changelog for details of fixes in this version. The source for this package is now in GitHub at http://github.com/shamblett/provisoner , the revogateway.zip file is also here, at the top level of the repository."

This tells you where the revogatway file is, I can't keep it with the transport file as the extras site doesn't allow additional files for a package.

Also in the assets/components/Provisioner/docs directory of your Revo install is a user guide, please read this, I've attached one also.