We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,336 Posts
    This is an auto-generated topic for Provisioner 1.6-beta by shamblett.

Brief Description:

This package allows provisioning of a Revolution site from either a remote Revolution or Evolution site. Resources, elements, files, packages and user information can be viewed/imported. Please read the user guide in /assets/components/provisioner/docs for exact usage details. Also remember to install the revogateway connectors pack into any Evolution site you wish to use. See the changelog for details of fixes in this version. The source for this package is now in GitHub at http://github.com/shamblett/provisoner
      Use MODx, or the cat gets it!
      • 1,336 Posts
      There seems to be a prob downloading this at the mo, the download section of the site is empty, resolution is under way.
        • 152 Posts
        Hello Shamblett,

I had tried to install version 1.6 to check for the problems with special characters, but the problem still occurs. (Fields with æ ø å etc. are empty after import.)

My setup are:
        PHP: 5.3.1
        Apache 2.2.14
        MySql: 5.1.41
        running local on wampp, with utf8 on both sites, and set names on the evo site.

I will try a fresh install on a live host, and there try to make some import tests from another live Evo site. If you need more information, please let me know.
          - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
          • 1,336 Posts
          Ok, thanks, I’ll look at this again in this case.
            • 1,336 Posts
            Ok Henrik, I’ve added some pages containing these characters to both an evo and a revo site, the revo site works OK, the evo site doesn’t, you can’t see the title in the resource tree for starters, looking at this now.
              • 1,336 Posts
              OK, I think this is fixed now, Henrik can you just test the revogateway zip file attached to this post, simply unzip it and overwrite the one in your existing evo installation, thanks. Just to point out I’ve updated this for resources only at the mo, if this turns out to be the fix I’ll apply it to the rest of the elements.
                • 152 Posts
                @Shamblett

Sorry for the late reply, I did’nt got a notification of your posts...

But I had just tried your solution, and imported about 3000 pages with special danish characters - and without any problems at all!!!

Thanks for the great work - I owe you a beer!
                  - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
                  • 1,336 Posts
                  Thanks Henrik, I’ll apply the fix across the board now and push out a new revogateway.
                    • 1,336 Posts
                    OK, done, I’ve tested this locally and it looks OK. I’ve updated the extras page with a new version of the revogateway zip package, the changes don’t affect the transport package and I want to push this now rather than on the next release, so people who have downloaded the revogateway package from this release who are using sites with special characters please download and install this new one.
                      • 123 Posts
                      Hello Shamblett,

Provisioner is an excellent tool. Thanks for creating it. Here are my suggestions to revise your documentation so others can better understand it, especially us newbies:

Original Document:
                      “For each remote Evolution site you wish to provision from you need to install the Revolution gateway code so Provisioner can communicate with it. This is a simple matter of creating a directory named ’revogateway’ under the ’assets/snippets’ directory of the remote Evolution site and installing an unzipped copy of the file ’revogatway.zip’ into it. You should now have an ’index.php’ file and a ’connectors’ directory visible in your revogateway directory. That’s it, nothing more to do.”

Re-Write:
                      For each remote Evolution site you wish to provision from you need to install the Revolution gateway code so Provisioner can communicate with it. This is a simple matter of uploading an unzipped copy of the file ’revogatway.zip’ into the assets folder using Evolution’s Manage Files and unzipping it from there. You should now have a revogateway directory containing an ’index.php’ file and a ’connectors’ directory. That’s it, nothing more to do.

Original Document:
                      “Before using the component you must log into the remote site, on the Administration tab fill in the account, password and URL details.”

Re-Write:
                      After starting the Provisioner component log into the remote site on the Administration tab by filling in the account, password and URL details.

>>Kirk