We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 170 Posts
    Quote from: v3 at Sep 17, 2008, 04:15 PM

Same problem with $database_connection_method.

Look’s like it’s not initialized at all in function connect() of dbapi.mysql.class.inc.php.
    As quick fix you can add
    global $database_connection_method;

before
    global $modx;

this is fixed in http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/cru/CR-MODX-27 waiting for MODx team to apply that.
      • 970 Posts
      Quote from: snop at Sep 17, 2008, 10:09 AM

Quote from: tkfm at Sep 17, 2008, 12:35 AM

Update of rev.4014 has so many bugs...

Why so many bugs ? If you have found other bugs there pls reply. There is only one bug.
      I mean rev.4014 has bugs and your bugfix patch posted in JIRA solved these bugs.
      I did not indend to say I found any other bugs that are not covered in your bugfix.
      Sorry for confusion...
        • 170 Posts
        Quote from: tkfm at Sep 17, 2008, 06:37 PM

I did not indend to say I found any other bugs that are not covered in your bugfix.
        Sorry for confusion...

That’s ok, nothing happend.

But what is really sad for me is that MODx development team does not react on such a critical thing, though I know that they have plenty of other problems which are more important and I understand that after such a long development of MOD-x they’ve lost some of their vitality and drive.

I appreciate what they’ve done and dont want to insult anybody.
        • In all fairness the "fix" (that turned out not to work as such) sat in SVN for a while with no feedback. We needed to get a release out and made the decision to put out what we had. We will get this issue sorted out with another release prior to Evolution and very soon. Even if we don’t update the Crucible review, which should have been done in retrospect, it would be a huge help by keeping an eye out on the subversion repo and updating the reviews as appropriate for your particular issues.

I also appreciate that there’s a bit of a language barrier, but claiming that the development team does not react is just not true, and can be demotivating to be honest. Further stating we’ve lost drive ... again, not exactly the type of comment that makes you warm, fuzzy and feeling appreciated for giving away your hard work with no strings attached. We’ve dedicated our professional lives—and a lot of our personal ones as well—to MODx. The amount of work going into it is truly astounding.

Please do not take this as a request for an apology or praise, or an admonition of your feedback by any means. Really! However, everyone might briefly pause before hastily posting what could be taken incorrectly due to subtle cultural differences and translation shortfalls.

Most of all though, I’d like to encourage everyone to continue being persistent and proactive in the areas that need to be improved. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. snop you have done a great job in this regard both by providing a patch and by holding us accountable to getting it in there, even if you don’t love us anymore and think we suck and don’t care. wink

We’re always looking for great developers that can participate with commit privileges, especially in the areas surrounding non-English language issues(*hint*). Thanks for your patience and persistence. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 170 Posts
            You write complicated english for me, so I must wait for translation, but never mind and I have understood 90% what you have written and you have true.
            Quote from: rthrash at Sep 17, 2008, 10:53 PM

I also appreciate that there’s a bit of a language barrier, but claiming that the development team does not react is just not true, and can be demotivating to be honest.
            You are right, that there’s a bit of a language barrier and I’m very happy that develop team is handling problems wrote above.
            Quote from: rthrash at Sep 17, 2008, 10:53 PM
            even if you don’t love us anymore and think we suck and don’t care. wink
            This isn’t true absolutely wink smiley because I love MODx community and MODx dev team wink
            • Can everyone here please confirm that the 0963 rc-1 stickied in this topic resolves this issue please? Thanks!
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 170 Posts
                Quote from: rthrash at Oct 14, 2008, 04:06 AM

Can everyone here please confirm that the 0963 rc-1 stickied in this topic resolves this issue please? Thanks!

I near future I test it.