We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,717 Posts
    Hi Snop,

I discover your proposal to enhance the release 0.9.6.2. Regarding :
    I looked at the Advanced Upgrade Install in detail and found why does not work. This is in the Firefox Error console

Error: $("database_collation") is null
    Source file: http://localhost/modx-096/install/connection.js
    Line: 12

The error is clear.
    How did you get this error message ?

Regarding AjaxSearch, I will do the upgrade to take into account of SET Names as soon as the patch will be reviewed and accepetd.
      • 4,205 Posts
      I get this error when doing a Advanced update option and then selecting the NEXT button. This is in RC1, I have not tested with the latest svn release.
        [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
        Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
        • 170 Posts
        Quote from: coroico at May 29, 2008, 09:04 PM

As I wrote, in an Installation mod check the Advanced Upgrade Install and the error arises at this screen index.php?action=connection. You can trigger this error by clicking either at the link
        <a id="servertest" href="#">Click here to test your server connection and get the available collations</a>
        or
        <a id="databasetest" href="#">Click here to create your database or to test the selection of your database</a>
          • 1,717 Posts
          Snop, thanks for your test. I will correct this issue and close the MODx#152 before the end of the day.
          [Edit: Done See rev 3776]
            • 170 Posts
            Hi,

I have found new bug or issue MODX#153 so I can’t work on my feature SET NAMES patch. All details are there.
              • 1,717 Posts
              Fixed Rev 3780
                • 170 Posts
                Quote from: coroico at Jun 02, 2008, 07:58 PM

Fixed Rev 3780

Thank you.
                  • 170 Posts
                  Hi,

I have definitely finished the patch and submited as CR-MODX-27 in the CRUCIBLE and I have created ticked in the JIRA MODX-185 too.
                    • 170 Posts
                    See ya,

I have hoped that this patch would be in the 0.9.6.2 release, but as it see so not. Patch possible look complicatedly, but if you apply him and debug in every part of insatllation proccess(New Installation, Upgrade Existing Install and Advanced Upgrade Install) you look that isn’t so complex. Many files are only edited language files, where I have added one item.
                    I would be happy, if you take a look on it. wink
                    Or let me know if you plan include this patch to the next release.

Thank
                    • I’ll try and take a look at it this week snop. My apologies, I’ve been a bit swamped and had forgotten about the patch.