We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Quote from: Gildas at Oct 26, 2006, 08:44 AM

/*
    * Add some Trace for Debug purpose...
    */
    if (lang) {
    /*
    * Some Traces
    */

Should
    if (lang) {
    be
    if ($lang) {
    ??
      Mike Reid - www.pixelchutes.com
      MODx Ambassador / Contributor
      [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart

@Gildas- Great work! Haven’t tried out the Plugin yet, but looks very nice. Any idea on what the "bug" was/is during doc. editing?
      For the doc editing problem, no idea and no time to search now. Perhaps this night... wink
        Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
      • Quote from: Gildas at Oct 26, 2006, 04:59 PM

For the doc editing problem, no idea and no time to search now. Perhaps this night... wink

If you can briefly explain WHAT is happening (or NOT happening) I can likely look into it... does the editor not Load?

UPDATE:
        BTW, I also feel that, /assets/snippets/edit_area makes much more sense...if used as a Plugin.

Also, I just found out that you can TAB (Indent) your code while within the EditArea...How cool! I was getting sick of trying to format my code in the textarea and ending up outside of the container...
          [Module] MultiMedia Manager / [Module] SiteSearch / [Snippet] DocPassword / [Plugin] EditArea / We support FoxyCart

- Download EditArea from http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/editarea/edit_area_0_6_0_1.zip?download
          - After you’ve unzipped the archive, you should see the edit_area_0_6_0_1 folder with 3 sub-folders: docs, edit_area, exemples
          - Upload only the edit_area folder into the /assets/plugin/ folder.
          - Copy and paste de plugin code (without the PHP tags <?php and ?>)
          - Select on or more events in this list :

• OnTempFormRender (template editor - html highlighting)
          • OnChunkFormRender (chunk editor - html highlighting)
          • OnDocFormRender (Document editor - html highlighting)
          • OnSnipFormRender (Snippet editor - php highlighting)
          • OnPluginFormRender (plugin editor - php highlighting)
          • OnModFormRender (module editor - php highlighting)

Edit : The last version is here : http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,8285.msg65110.html#msg65110
            Ackwa - Web Design & Development agency | Tours - France | Follow me on Twitter...
          • Wow, Nice summary! ...is the Doc. editing "bug" corrected? What was it?
            • Quote from: pixelchutes at Oct 27, 2006, 11:33 AM

Wow, Nice summary! ...is the Doc. editing "bug" corrected? What was it?
              Yes the four documents editing bugs are corrected. The first one is related to the name of the textarea which was different in document form ("ta" and not "post"). The second is related to the switching process from RTE to EditArea and from EditArea to RTE. The third appeared during the creation or edition of a link, because in this case the form doesn’t contain any textearea. And the last one appeared during the creation of a new document.
                • 1,193 Posts
                what about codepress.

-sD-
                  Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
                  All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
                • Quote from: Gildas at Oct 27, 2006, 08:55 AM

- Upload only the edit_area folder into the /assets/plugin/ folder.

NOTE: I assume the desired directory should be /assets/plugins/

Bug:

EditArea allows for resizing of the TextArea "editor" by clicking in the bottom-right hand corner of the editor and then choosing the new dimensions.
                    In MODx, the editor simply disappears! If you try to SAVE after disappearing, you will lose your content ...but don’t worry, just disable resizing in the initialization code! wink

Solution:

Update the following editAreaLoader.init code from Gildas in this post

<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
                            editAreaLoader.init({
                                id: "myeditarea"         // textarea id
                                ,syntax: "$code"         // Code-syntax to be highlighted (NOTE: For the 'CHUNK' section, syntax: "html" may be more appropriate)
                                ,start_highlight: true   // Display highlight-mode on start-up
                                ,language: "$lang"       // Language support
                                ,font_size: 9            // Code font size
                               // The following params (IF CHANGED) will bomb in MODx! (currently) Trying to save after a bomb erases your content! :(
                               // allow_resize: Should allow you to resize your container, but container disappears and saving has nothing to reference, thus overwrites leaving it empty.
                               // display: When set to "later" delays automatic syntax highlighting, waiting for the user to toggle the editor. See "allow_toggle" below:
                               // allow_toggle: Allows toggling between normal textarea and syntax highlighting (editarea). Toggling (more than once) bombs in MODx
                                ,allow_resize: "no"      // Allow resizing [For MODx, set to NO!)
                                ,allow_toggle: false // Allow toggling on/off [For MODx, set to false!)
                               // ,display: "later"	     // Wait before enabling syntax highlighting. (Optional; Speeds up load time) [For MODx, DO NOT USE)
                            });
                        </script>

With MODx 0.9.5 RC1, the plugin doesn’t work anymore. I’ve no Highlighting and no error message. Any idea ?

I’ve check the plugin isn’t deactivated and I’ve check the system event.