We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    Hai Guys,

Great work with  MODx 0.9.0!!

I’ve got only one problem. Just installed a clean install. Everything with no errors at all. Tried to edit one of my files but no editor is visible at all. It shows the document in the preview section, but I am unable to see the FCKeditor. Is there some one who could help me?

Many thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------

Ok I tried to install the TinyMCE and it works. Still want to try FCKeditor.

APACHE 2.0
    ----------------
    PHP version 5.0.4
    MySQL version 4.1.12a
    XP SP2
    IE6

• Now that is really odd. I just did a clean install on a new database, and the RTE works inside the manager on content and TVs, and it works on the front end with the QE. Please open a bug in the bugtracker if you’re able to reproduce this.

Thanks!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 26 Posts
        Hai Ryan,

Sorry for the late reply. I will do that.

Cheers Paul
          • 1,131 Posts
          Paul,

I’ve done a few fresh installs with MODx v0.9.0 and haven’t had this problem. Very peculiar indeed! On a fresh install, yes, it appears that the editor doesn’t appear at all. However, if you go into your System Configuration, make sure that FCKEditor is selected as your editor, then click on the Save button. That’s what I did and the editor came back. Not sure why that happened though. Very strange bug! I’m doing another fresh install even as we speak. Hopefully this will shed some light on the bug.

Jeff
            Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 1,131 Posts
            Just performed a clean install of MODx on both my personal web server and hosting provider’s server. After installing, I immediately logged in and attempted to edit a document with both IE and Firefox. FCKEditor appeared in both...no problems. If for some reason FCKEditor still isn’t working after you save your configuration settings, try reuploading all the files for MODx to ensure that there wasn’t any files that failed to upload or were corrupted in the process. Then try it again. If you’re still have problems, please post it here and I’ll see what else I can find.

L8R!

Jeff
              Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
              • 9 Posts

:-[
              Hello,
              I install MODx, I and I found it very difficult to use .... of course there was no editor!
              I am another unlucky no edito installer ...

Please help me.

Regards,
              mupett
                • 3,975 Posts
                Please make sure that files are uploaded successfully.

Another thing you can do is, goto System Configuration and check to see if Editor is enabled, and then save the configuration.

hope this helps.

regards,

zi
                  Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • 3,250 Posts
                  Unfortunately, I have been unable to reproduce this error.

Which browser are you using? Rich text editors like FCKeditor only CURRENTLY work in Mozilla browsers (Firefox, Mozilla, Camino, etc.) and IE.
                  • It could be that everyone who is unable to see the FCKeditor has their computer/browser configuration set to a language other than English as the default. This is because the default plugin distributed with MODx does not include support for any languages other than en, en-uk, and en-aus. I believe we need to offer an optional plugin download of our FCKeditor feature with the complete set of international language files.

In the meantime, I believe you can solve the issue by changing one configuration option (though this will show you the English language configuration of FCKeditor). In /assets/plugins/fckeditor/fckconfig.js change line 44 from:
                    FCKConfig.AutoDetectLanguage	= true ;

to:
                    FCKConfig.AutoDetectLanguage	= false ;

Let us know if that solves the issue for you until we can provide an international FCKeditor plugin.
                    • Good call Jason... I bet that’s it!
                        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me