We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 199 Posts
    The link from your signature worked.

Burning questions:
    1) is it contexts that are going to enable me to manage several MODx websites and subdomains?
    2) Will Revo 2 still have the same awesome SEF features that my clients love? I’m talking about keywords, custom meta chunks and the like.

Peter
      MySQL: 5.0.45
      PHP: 5.2.6
      Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
      cURL enabled
      PDO enabled
      FFox Apple 3.6.8
      Firebug DIS-abled
    • Quote from: Meristem at Jul 17, 2008, 04:33 PM

1) is it contexts that are going to enable me to manage several MODx websites and subdomains?
      That is one aspect of it, yes. You can now deploy multiple MODx sites from a single core (standalone sites with their own database and manager context) and/or use a single site to manage content from multiple virtual hosts (one database supporting multiple front-end contexts via a single manager). There will be better support for these scenarios in the installer when the beta releases hit the street, but I am testing various scenarios like this as I type this.

Quote from: Meristem at Jul 17, 2008, 04:33 PM

2) Will Revo 2 still have the same awesome SEF features that my clients love? I’m talking about keywords, custom meta chunks and the like.
      Yep; the code has all changed but all the same basic features are in place.