We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 16 Posts
    Quote from: splittingred at Apr 30, 2008, 07:51 PM

Quote from: andyccn at Apr 30, 2008, 07:43 PM

Ah, my bad. I am an idiot - I never noticed the "Elements" and "Files" splitter at the bottom-left of my screen (underneath where the site navigation structure is in 0.9.6.)

I did notice, however that the TinyMCE editor either hasn’t installed or doesn’t work. When I create/edit a document, I see in the editors drop-down - "None" and a blank entry. If I select the blank entry, it just acts as if there was no editor loaded.

You’ll have to download the package here, then put it into core/packages, then follow instructions here.

Then (there’s a bug in the current alpha-1 release), you’ll need to add this line:
    <script src="{$_config.manager_url}assets/modext/util/spotlight.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

Add that above the utilities.js include line on manager/templates/default/browser/index.tpl.

Then it should work. There’s still some bugs, but that’s the idea.

Sorry to be a pain, but I have exactly the samel issue after installing tinymce (and after having activeted it).
    The editor selector is only showing "none" or a blank item".
    I checked the browser/index.tpl and the mentionned line was already there.
    Is there anyone that had the same issue again?

THnaks for your feed back !
      • 16 Posts
      Hi everyone,

I drop you this note to let you now that I solve the problem above.
      I’ve been through the whole install process once again and finally it worked!  smiley

Originally, I was having issues while installing the packages: the js installation progress bar wasn’t really progressing and I was progressing by updating the whole page.
      Actually, everything is just working perfectly, from installation to working with!

It is really astonishing that such an alpha release is working like a charm!  shocked
      Yes all could be slightly more user friendly and seems a bit rough depending of the area, but everything work!

It has been said a lot of times, but it is clearly more beta to me than just alpha !
      The quantity of "!" in this post shall show you how much you make me having fun.  kiss

Having a slight tendency of early early adopter, I will start building my blog from it.
      As it is a quite middle term project (I haven’t needed one until now and so wouldn’t miss it until it will be ready) the current release state seems right enough for me.  cool

I will just annoy you on slight points for earlier vision on how some still not implemented still could come out.

Thanks a lot from another French guy!

Laurent
      • Thanks for the feedback Laurent.
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • Quote from: lvulliermet at Jun 08, 2008, 05:09 PM
          Sorry to be a pain, but I have exactly the samel issue after installing tinymce (and after having activeted it).
          The editor selector is only showing "none" or a blank item".
          I checked the browser/index.tpl and the mentionned line was already there.
          Is there anyone that had the same issue again?

THnaks for your feed back !

I too am having the same problem and have made the change indicated above (using Firefox 3 or IE 6 or Safari). You mention it was working after reinstalling everything. Is there any other solution? I’ve checked that the system events are all properly set to yes or no for the plugin.
            • 16 Posts
            Sorry Rx2, as it is working since then, I haven’t been further replicating this issue.
            Even more, if it don’t work just after installing, and if it work properly after reinstalling, I will tend to say the issue was the first installation...
              • 1,624 Posts
              Hi,

I need a similar setup for a small/simple project:

- multiple languages
              - tinyMce or similar
              - maybe ditto or wayfinder

Would you recommend using 097?

Thx

PS: I am just asking. I already started to try it out smiley
              • I recommend MODx Revolution (formerly referred to as 097) to anyone who wants to help us bring it to beta release by end of the month. We need testers, designers, experimenters, explorers, and component developers to help us get MODx Revolution stable in the next 45-60 days by reporting and following up on bugs in JIRA, learning how to convert/author components in the new code, authoring tutorials to be included in the official documentation, and providing feedback on what all needs to be addressed before we can release the product for general availability. And if you have PHP skills and want to contribute to the core effort, no time like the present to dive in; we could always use some more hands and perspective on the code.

If you haven’t gotten involved yet, get an account at http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa and help us make MODx Revolution the ultimate web design and development platform.
                  • 199 Posts
                  I have an account at JIRA but there’s no link to Fisheye+Crucible for the instruction that were posted in this thread. It doesn’t accept my JIRA account name and login.
                    MySQL: 5.0.45
                    PHP: 5.2.6
                    Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
                    cURL enabled
                    PDO enabled
                    FFox Apple 3.6.8
                    Firebug DIS-abled
                  • Quote from: Meristem at Jul 16, 2008, 01:22 AM

I have an account at JIRA but there’s no link to Fisheye+Crucible for the instruction that were posted in this thread. It doesn’t accept my JIRA account name and login.
                    The links to Fisheye are in my signature, and it’s setup for single-sign on with JIRA, so your account should work in both applications. Which instruction in this thread are you referring to BTW?
                      • 199 Posts
                      I’m referring to the sign-up for an account right above this post:
                      If you haven’t gotten involved yet, get an account at http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa and help us make MODx Revolution the ultimate web design and development platform.

MySQL: 5.0.45
                        PHP: 5.2.6
                        Linux 2.6.9-023stab048.6-enterprise #1
                        cURL enabled
                        PDO enabled
                        FFox Apple 3.6.8
                        Firebug DIS-abled