We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 39 Posts
    Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 11, 2009, 02:30 PM

This is completely up to how to order the rewrite rules, if you are using those. TBH, I’ve never considered trying this, so, feel free to experiment and report back...
    I used the "Error page" field on Configuration page of 963’s Manager to set the page for 404 error. I’ll try to do the same in Revo and see which page is displayed.

I think if I install Revo on a subdomain then the proper error page will be displayed depending on whether the url belongs to the main domain or the subdomain, but I am not sure. Any idea on this?
      • 39 Posts
      Quote from: OpenGeek at Sep 11, 2009, 02:30 PM

This is completely up to how to order the rewrite rules, if you are using those. TBH, I’ve never considered trying this, so, feel free to experiment and report back...
      I used the following rewrite rules (courtesy of netProphET) to get Friendly URLs working on the second installation (I decided to go for Evo instead of Revo for the second one). These rules also made 404 errors to be directed to the right installation.
      # For Friendly URLs
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule ^subdir\/(.*)$ subdir/index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
      RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
      RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

• So if these are both 0.9.6.3/Evolution installs now, how is this relevant to the original topic? Might post this in a new topic about multiple Evo installs...
          • 39 Posts
          Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 17, 2009, 03:00 PM

So if these are both 0.9.6.3/Evolution installs now, how is this relevant to the original topic? Might post this in a new topic about multiple Evo installs...
          It was about the issue of handling the 404 error when we have two installations of Modx that was brought up in this topic.

After running into trouble with Revo as my second installation (as I reported in issue 1267 in JIRA) and my tight schedule, I couldn’t take any more chances and decided to go with Evo which is a stable release. I think if the rewrite rules work for Evo as the second installation, they should also work for Revo. That’s why I posted here.
            • 39 Posts
            By the way, there is already a topic on this issue in Evo Forum: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,41076.0.html
            • Quote from: OldGuru at Oct 17, 2009, 04:06 PM

Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 17, 2009, 03:00 PM

So if these are both 0.9.6.3/Evolution installs now, how is this relevant to the original topic? Might post this in a new topic about multiple Evo installs...
              It was about the issue of handling the 404 error when we have two installations of Modx that was brought up in this topic.

After running into trouble with Revo as my second installation (as I reported in issue 1267 in JIRA) and my tight schedule, I couldn’t take any more chances and decided to go with Evo which is a stable release. I think if the rewrite rules work for Evo as the second installation, they should also work for Revo. That’s why I posted here.
              Fair enough, and thanks for posting the link to the Evo topic.