We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    Hi,

I need to migrate a site running MODx 1.0.3 and want to update upgrade to MODx 1.1.

I installed MODx 1.1, but the two last tabs of the configuration, the "File tab manager" and "File browser", are invisible, so that I cannot set the correct absolute path without doing it in phpMyAdmin.

I replaced the "manager" file with the one coming from a site working well and running MODx 1.0.15 on the same web hosting. Of course I updated the config.inc.php file with the correct database parameters. Strangely, this does not change anything.

[s]Any idea ?

(partial) Solution:
    The problem is due to TinyMCE's plugin in (assets/plugins/tinymce) missing or not installed correctly.
    After installation, drag and drop TinyMCE 3.2.4.1 from a working MODx installation (eg. 1.0.15, 1.0.14, ...) or even from MODx 1.1 archive.
    Make sure that in table "prefix_system_settings", the three following records were set accordingly to the queries in install/setup.sql :
    -tinymce_custom_plugins
    -tinymce_custom_buttons1
    -tinymce_custom_buttons2

Uploading TinyMCE solves the issue of the two missing tabs in MODx's configuration.
    For those using Easy2 Gallery, this also seem bringing some improvement, despite some problems can remain.

Remaining major problem
    The toolbars of TinyMCE don't display in MODx Evolution 1.1.
    See: https://forums.modx.com/thread/100381/evo-1-1-tinymce-3-5-11-blank-content-field [ed. note: Jul last edited this post 7 years, 5 months ago.]
      • 1,572 Posts
      1.0.3 to 1.1 is a massive upgrade, I would recommend you do 1.0.3 to 1.0.5, test and then 1.0.5 to 1.0.7 test etc
        • 697 Posts
        I have often upgraded from 1.0.3 or 1.0.5 to 1.0.14 or 1.0.15 and there was not many issues.
        Sometimes a column was added in some table, but that's easy to add.

Probably is the change bigger between 1.0.15 and 1.1.

Maybe the easiest will be reinstalling MODx 1.1 from scratch, configure it and later import content, tv values, chunks and snippets. This should be basically what I had done, but as months ago, I cannot remember.

• 697 Posts
          See solution at top of thread.

I observe that missing "File manager" and "File browser" tabs is a frequent problem after migrating MODx Evolution from 1.0.x to 1.1.x.
          This issue can have side effects like Easy2Gallery not finding paths.

The way I upgrade is doing a fresh install of MODx 1.1, then importing records table by table from MODx 1.0 and uploading files in assets subfolders.

The manager files are not upgraded and hence this issue is very strange.
          [ed. note: Jul last edited this post 7 years, 5 months ago.]