We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 5,888 Posts
      -------------------------------

you can buy me a beer, if you like MIGX

http://webcmsolutions.de/migx.html

Thanks!
      • 1,145 Posts
      Very nice!!
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 833 Posts
        First off all, thanks for this great extra. Unfortunately for me, I can't join the it-is-working party just yet.

Prior to installing TinymceWrapper 2.1.1-beta1, I removed all other RTEs to ensure there wouldn't be any conflicts. Once I installed the wrapper extra, the shiny new editor I was so eagerly expecting never showed up. The content area of all resources (including the one that shipped with TinymceWrapper) are plain -- just basic old textareas. I can confirm that the which_editor system setting is properly set to TinymceWrapper and the TinymceWrapper plugin is not disabled. So we know it is "Activated". I even created a new property set on the plugin and referenced it in the plugin's system events (first 4 properties). BTW I didn't change any properties in the new propertyset as it seemed unnecessary. Did I miss a step? I'm running Revo 2.4.0-pl.
          A MODx Fanatic
          • 1,145 Posts
          @treigh
          Sorry this did not work at first try.

In your browser inspector, say of Chrome, any JS errors?
          In your MODx report, any PHP errors?

Other simplistic questions:
          Do you have RTE enabled on the resource in question?
          In system settings what is richtext_default looking like?
          Is your cache cleared?
          Tried another browser?

I ask all of these because TinymceWrapper is a plugin that must run and do something if it is truly activated.
          It should at least crash your MODx manager if nothing.

Open the plugin in a new browser tab, check the plugin is activated as a plugin, then check its option "activateTinyMCE", hit save.
          Say yes to all other options.

Finally, in the TinymceWrapper sample resource, check the HTML source code, is TinyMCE loaded, or jQuery, or is this phrase 'tinymce.init" found?
          [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 7 months ago.]
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 833 Posts
            @donshakespeare thanks for the quick follow-up. I installed it on my localhost environment and wow! This looks so nice! Good work man!! I now need to try this on my remote server again which is a media temple grid account. I'll report back. Thanks again.
              A MODx Fanatic
            • This looks very nice. I do have one question. In the Insert Image dialog, there is a drop-down for Class. Is it possible to add classnames to that list, and where would one do so?
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                • 1,145 Posts
                @treigh
                Thanks. Glad it worked. So the former problem is with another thing!

@sottwell
                All the TinyMCE init are in their respective chunks but there is one chunk that is called in each of the init chunks, it's the TinymceWrapperCommonCode; it is referenced by the [[+commonTinyMCECode]] placeholder.

Because of my hatred for repetition, I bagged in a lot of common code in the TinymceWrapperCommonCode chunk.
                There you will see something like
                image_class_list: [
                  {title: 'None', value: ''},
                  {title: 'prettyPhoto', value: 'prettyPhoto'},
                  {title: 'colorBox', value: 'colorBox'}
                ],
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  @treigh
                  One thought, media temple might be over-protecting you by not allowing TinymceWrapper JS script tags.
                  I have seen this weird behaviour some place
                  • Well, all I can say is, very well done.

It doesn't do the usual control-click for right click on a Mac trackpad to get the context menu, but it does work as expected with control-right click with a mouse. And the toolbar can be modified to do just about everything the context menu can do anyway.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                      • 833 Posts
                      donshakespeare it certainly feels like it's something out of my control. I can almost swear that my settings are identical in both systems. The only thing I noticed in my (mt) install is this error in the log:
                      [2015-09-20 23:06:50] (ERROR @ /nfs/c11/h05/mnt/xxxxxx/domains/domain.com/html/v2/core/model/modx/processors/system/config_check.inc.php : 94) PHP warning: curl_setopt() [<a href='function.curl-setopt'>function.curl-setopt</a>]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when safe_mode is enabled or an open_basedir is set

I should mention that MODX is running in a subfolder -- the site is currently in development. I can also confirm that the content of TinymceWrapperContent chunk begins with tinymce.init.

Do you have any suggestions at all? Does this have anything to do with open_basedir being enabled?
                        A MODx Fanatic