We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 708 Posts
    @rainbowtiger
    Yes I did.
      Todd
      • 1,145 Posts
        TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
        Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
        5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
        • 708 Posts
        As I mentioned above I already did that right after I installed the update. Something else is amiss.
          Todd
          • 708 Posts
          @donshakespeare

The standalone RFM Extra installs in a different location than the old one, correct? If so, can the old RFM folder be removed?

I got TW 2.3.4 working but the new RFM is not allowing uploads.

My RFM paths are below (paths include my custom pset):

BrowserRTEurl: MODx.config.assets_url+"components/responsivefilemanager/rfm/filemanager/dialog.php?xtype=1&pset=RFM"

TopNAVurl: MODx.config.assets_url+\'components/responsivefilemanager/rfm/filemanager/dialog.php?xtype=0\&pset=RFM'
            Todd
            • 1,145 Posts
            Yes v2.3.4 should not even have that old RFM folder in existence.
            Yes, RFM is now its own Extra with own path.

Did you test that PSET works at all?
              Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
              5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
              • 708 Posts
              The custom pset worked fine with the old setup but not the new RFM. The new RFM is still trying to use the default "assets" path for the upload and thumbs folders despite having specified a custom (site root) path for each in the pset. For example:

../../../../../thumbs/
              ../../../../../uploads/

Also, here's what I'm seeing when I launch RFM from either the top nav or the TW menubar:

The modal opens with the (previously) uploaded files (so far so good), but when I right-click an image and select "Show URL" from the contextual menu here's the url it shows:

https://mysiteabsoluteURLtoUploadFolder_modxAbout_Stacks.pdf

I'm guessing this is the root of the problem but I haven't touched any pset settings with the exception of the 2 TW paths you mentioned in the 2.3.4 release notes.

[ed. note: todd.b last edited this post 5 years, 9 months ago.]
                Todd
                • 1,145 Posts
                The custom pset worked fine with the old setup but not the new RFM. The new RFM is still trying to use the default "assets" path

I mean does anything at all in the new PSET (such as the welcome message) reflect in the new RFM? I guess not!
                Please reattach the pset to the new RFM connector snippet, and save it.
                  • 708 Posts
                  Yes, my (custom) welcome message does appear in the new RFM.

Reattaching the pset to the new RFM Connector does nothing. The problem with the above url persists.
                    Todd
                    • 708 Posts
                    Well, nothing I tried has solved the RFM path issue (see above) so I'm uninstalling the RFM Extra and reverting to TW 2.3.3.
                      Todd
                      • 322 Posts
                      Hmm. There is a problem with the "Link List" feature. It doesn't let you click on a parent item to insert the id! If I have a parent in the tree that has children, and the parent is a real page (meaning it has content), there is no way to link to that page using the link list. Is there any way to enable click on parents in the Link List?