We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    Some fantastic themes for elFinder

1. CKEditor Moono style
    https://github.com/lokothodida/elfinder-theme-moono

2. Windows 10 style
    https://github.com/lokothodida/elfinder-theme-windows-10
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 179 Posts
      Oh, lovely. Downloading that Win10 one immediately! Wunderbar. It's much nicer than the default, and it's got more in common with the default Modx skin, too. Thanks again!

The business with the startUrl does suggest it might be easy for you to make it work with Media Sources. That'll be very nice for TVs, I reckon.

I'll let you know when I work out where those image editing tools went. It's so frustrating! They were black and white icons, square, in a row of four or five, and when clicked they'd produce a larger additional modal with a full image editing suite! I was impressed, and excited, and now it's gone ;(
        • 179 Posts
        Ok, one small question now that I'm using the Win10 theme: I'd like to remove the "Places" bit at the top of the left nav. This theme makes it look like the others, where originally it was at least a little distinct. I don't suppose you happen to know off the top of your head how that might be done.
          • 1,145 Posts
          In the elFinder resource (hopefully you have renamed this resource to survive upgrades)

Find
          ui:['toolbar','places', 'tree', 'path', 'stat'],

Change to
          ui:['toolbar', 'tree', 'path', 'stat'],

And yes, to answer your older question, elFinder is my favourite file browser - chiefly because of the MODX, maze-like, plentitude of possible permissions.
          Maybe in future pydio file browser will take its place, and then I will find a way to integrate it with MODX

PS
          Did you say things got squared out without making the changes suggested below?
          https://forums.modx.com/thread/97694/support-comments-for-tinymcewrapper?page=17#dis-post-537935
            Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
            5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
            • 179 Posts
            Fantastic, thanks.

And yes, those are the changes that solved all my problems.
              • 1,145 Posts
              RE: Dave Smith
              With this essentially custom location management, elfinder allows you to access all those locations easily enough, but it doesn't force users to put their blog images in the images/blog/ folder.
              Explain what exactly you have in mind.

Is the path you set not forcing a user to manage media in a location no higher than a specified path?
              Or do you mean that a file/image TV should point to particular folders by default? - still explain!

What do you mean by force?
              The solution you seek might already be present.
                • 179 Posts
                When I apply a Media Source to a TV, upon clicking the TV's browse button the user is given the file browser targeted at the root of that MS and they aren't able to go anywhere else. It means when I have a TV for a blog article thumbnail, or a PDF download, I can ensure the user doesn't put those files in random places like the root of the site, or even forget where those files should be and inadvertently create a second deposit of those files.

I've been able to configure the elfinder locations, and apply user groups to locations so certain people only see certain locations, but it still seems to me that Media Sources have a legitimate use that I'd rather not see duplicated. If it could be made possible to have elfinder open from the default TV browse button, automatically configured with the path of a normal Modx Media Source, that'd be how it works right now but using elfinder instead of the default Modx browser, and without the need to mess about with users, permissions or separately configured locations.
                  • 46 Posts
                  I guess we can call this post Unable to Edit Snippets/Plugins using TinyMCEWrapper - Problem and Solution.

Hope I'm doing this in the right place...

Don Shakespeare worked with me to solve a problem where when TW was active I was unable to edit Snippets or Plugins using the simple selection method. When a Snippet or Plugin was selected MODX would exit the manager and display the Home Page of the website. The only way to access the Snippet/Plugin contents was right-click and quick update so no properties were available for modification. Resources, Templates, TVs and Chunks could be edited by simply clicking on their names.

The problem occurred on all of my websites which are all hosted with the same company, all had been updated to the latest version of MODX; all installations are traditional and no modifications for special situations are used.

The usual troubleshooting processes ensued - use different browsers, clear caches, check the logs, activate/deactivate plugins, review .htaccess, check config.php files... everything checked good.

By using Dev tools in the browsers it appeared that the problem was a javascript issue where it aborted and a 404 error would be thrown, then the sites would default to the error page which in my case was usually the home page. The host (SkyToaster - great guys!) was able to troubleshoot the problem to a mod_security issue. Their answers:

...I was able to identify three mod_security rules being triggered. These rules have all been reported to the vendor as causing problem and disabled. ... The problem rules were from the Comodo ruleset, numbers 214630 and 214940.

So, for posterity and anyone else who has similar problems I hope this saves you time and much hair-pulling!

Nitrojane (aka modxjane on slack!)
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    RE: Nitrojane

Excellent news! Many thanks for the written feedback.
                    Glad you got that sorted.

Cheers
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      ++ SURVIVE UPGRADES: duplicate edited chunks, retain names, add suffix, specify suffix in TinymceWrapper Plugin properties.
                      ++ CREATE PropertySets where applicable to protect your Plugin and Snippet alterations.
                      ++ DEPENDENCIES (optional): pdoTools / getResources, tagLister, MODX Resizer, NewsPublisher, MIGX getImageList
                      ++ INCOMPATIBILITY - FixedPre kills TinymceWrapper and any Extras like this one
                      ++ "EMPTY" template is overwritten by some people's MODX setups - so please set to "empty" template these resources
                      tw_traditional_create_page
                      tw_elfinder_browser
                      ++ AVOID CSS CONFLICTS
                      fileManagerTopNavModalSkin (Plugin property) --- is used where an RTE is not found, please make sure it is uniform with your TinyMCE skin_url
                      TinymceWrapper 2.2.2 new release
                      ---------------------------------
                      COMMENTED OUT/REMOVED from commonCodeChunks
                      + 'valid_elements' and 'valid_children' and 'paste_word_valid_elements' - enable it if you want
                      + (backend) BubbleBar
                      ADDED CodeMirror for resources, all elements / files, quick update/create and anything that has a textarea
                      + No need to use another MODX Extra to cater for your Coding needs
                      + With one small custom chunk take full control of CodeMirror - don't wait for me or another developer to update anything
                      + Pure CDN - nothing to download, always new and fast and fantastic
                      + Switch between CodeMirror and TinyMCE, or use both on the same resource - hehehe - pure craziness! Use CodeMirror for Resource Content, and TinyMCE for Rich TVs --- wowww!!!!
                      + Choose from a laughing list of 45 CodeMirror themes - this is ridiculous, I know
                      +Turn off CodeMirror at anytime, to use another Extra - I won't grudge you.
                      ADDED sleek TinyMCE Skin, "modxPericles", to match MODX' green-buttoned Manager
                      ADDED TinyMagicPublisherModifier (for TinyMagicPublisher)
                      + <h2 data-tiny="np-pagetitle">[[*pagetitle:TinyMagicPublisherModifier]]</h2>: use this in your templates that use the TinyMagicPublisher snippet. This will ensure that you do not lose data when you have error postbacks; it will ensure that MODX tags and HTML entities are preserved in edit mode
                      ADDED to TinyMagicPublisher
                      + better error handler, no need to use &debug=1 just to see NewsPublisher errors. handler tells if NewsPublisher is loaded or not
                      + twExistingTags: now all your tags site-wide or resource-specific can be preloaded so that a user can choose from existing tags; this works seamlessly - never suffer duplicates, never guess existing tags wrongly again.
                      + Now you can edit a resource in the manager by clicking link in the frontend
                      ADDED to TinymceWrapperNPpublishButtonsTpl better error handler
                      ADDED to ultra-sleek Windows-10 and Moono themes to elFinder -
                      + (note: home.png and reload.png are not supported in windows-10 - the buttons have been removed from the toolbar)
                      +switch theme using url parameter - how cool is that? .com/elfinder.html?theme=windows10 - or moono
                      ADDED to elFinderConnector properties twAutoCreatePersonalFolders = 'autoCreateFoldersTWelfinder'
                      FIXED elFinder bug that disabled recognition of ?pset=myCustomSet and ?unlocked=1 URL parameters - changed from JavaScript to PHP

UPDATED elFinder 2.1.6(7)(see official site for changelog)
                      UPDATED Responsive FileManager to 9.9.7 (see official site for changelog)

ADDED to replaceDefaultFileImageTVbutton to TinymceWrapper Plugin
                      + When using a custom browser, you may suppress MODX' native browser file/image TV button

******** POSSIBLE NEAR DISTANT ROADMAP ********
                      elFinder

• add more volumes - allow user to add more volumes using single chunk tpl
                      • enable option to use MODX Media Sources instead of elFinder standalone volumes (per usergroup / per file or image Template Variable) - full integration for both front/backend

Responsive FileManager

• enable option to use MODX Media Sources (only one) instead of RFM setup (per usergroup / per file or image Template Variable) - full integration for both front/backend

A fruitful and blessed Lent!
                      Cheers [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 2 months ago.]