We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    Hahaha ... [[!TinyMagicPublisher@customPropertySet]] .... done!
    I spelt out its Default Properties, so that peeps could see stuff at a glance [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 3 months ago.]
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 179 Posts
      Hello again donshakespeare. Loving the new stuff you've done to TinymceWrapper recently.

I'm especially interested in elFinder integration, seeing that it brings with it some very handy image editing tools I plan to try. I have a bit of a problem at the moment and was hoping you might have a simple answer for me.

It all appears to work perfectly until I try to upload a file, and then where the default browser has no trouble this one just says "permission denied". It can create files, rename, but not upload and I've run out of ideas.

Any clues? I can't see how it pertains to user permissions, or file permissions.
        • 1,145 Posts
        Re: Dave Smith
        Thanks for the feedback.

Who is uploading? admin or other usergroup etc...
        For a start: (use custom Property Set for this snippet))
        1. find this snippet TinymceWrapper — TinyCustomBrowsers — elFinderVolumes — elfinderConnector
        2. set myModxPermission to Default Setting (unlocked)

Let me know
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 179 Posts
          It's just me at the moment, logged into the manager with the only account, default admin, sudo.

I'm not 100% sure how I'm supposed to do what you've described, but here's what I've tried with no effect. Having observed elfinder.php in the browserConnectors folder I noticed I can apply a property set to the snippet using the URL parameter "pset", which I've added in the "elFinderBrowserTopNAVurl" string in the TinymceWrapper property set I'm using. Now, when I click the top nav elFinder button, it uses that parameter which I'm hoping it applying the property set I created for the snippet.

Unfortunately having made the changes to the property set you described above I'm seeing no effect. But I also note that the URL string already has "&unlocked=1", and it looks like that ought to have the same effect anyway, unless something else is overriding.
            • 179 Posts
            Ah, I've set the properties you describe above in the default property set and it has worked, implying that my property set isn't working, and that I don't really know how to make it work.

My understanding of elfinder.php is that it is actually calling the snippet, I just need to get it to use the propery set, which I thought I'd managed by adding "pset" to the url parameters for the nav bar button.
              • 179 Posts
              Seems like &unlocked and &pset are being ignored, but I'm starting to feel like I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Ultimately I've got it working thanks to your tip above, but I need to make it work with a property set, and perhaps understand why I've had to do this in the first place. Your response implied that this was a first-step measure to help reveal the true cause of the problem, so perhaps you'll have more to add now I've confirmed it's working with myModxPermission set to Default Setting (unlocked).
                • 179 Posts
                Now I know the property set is in fact working, because I've managed to remove all the excess "places" from the left column of the browser (Manager Folder, Core Folder, etc.), yet I'm still unable to "unlock" the folders to writing.
                  • 1,145 Posts
                  It seems from where I am sitting that the new version of elFinder brought some breaking changes.
                  I will investigate this, and your setup - at the moment I am uncertain who is the culprit.

Thanks for reporting,
                  Cheers
                    • 701 Posts
                    I can report i'm getting the same issue. Only when amend the default property set does the myModxPermission take effect.
                      • 701 Posts
                      Actually not sure if this is allowing me to uploaded. Although i'm not getting the error now and it appears in the el browser, if i refresh it disappears so don't think it is actually uploading.