We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,145 Posts
    9thwave Thanks for the awesome feedback.

1. As for the richtext TV...so everything else is working?
    2. Are other TVs working except this one?
    3. What is your TinymceWrapperTVs chunk looking like?
      TinymceWrapper: Complete back/frontend content solution.
      Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
      5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
      • 572 Posts
      Hi,
      Scrap that...i've just reinstalled TinymceWrapper and now it's working:-/
      I had to reinstall through package manager on two sites though in order to get the richtext TV displaying the rte, so maybe it's a bug?
      Using MODX 2.4.2

Cheers [ed. note: 9thwave last edited this post 8 years, 6 months ago.]
        www.9thwave.co.uk
           WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
        • 1,145 Posts
        Can't say if it's a bug , not had that problem here.

Did you receive any errors in the browser inspector?
          Harden your MODX site by passwording your three main folders: core, manager, connectors and renaming your assets (thank me later!)
          5 ways to sniff / hack your own sites; even with renamed/hidden folders, burst them all up, to see how secure you are not.
          • 572 Posts
          Nothing i can see that refers to tinymceWrapper. I will test it out on another site and report back.
            www.9thwave.co.uk
               WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
            • 179 Posts
            Hi donshakespeare, and Bruno17. Thanks for your hard work on all this. But I seem to be having a problem very similar to what rx2 reported a few pages back. I've updated my TinymceWrapperMIGX chunk (with suffix) as per Bruno's change, but my basic richtext field still isn't working.

What's more I'm finding that after a manager page refresh, the first time I add or edit a MIGX entry the from displays correctly, but with the tickbox above the richtext field though no editor - just as rx2 showed in his screenshot. However, if I add/edit another (even edit the same again after closing but not saving), the whole form is a little broken, with all TVs failing to render their form objects correctly.

My plain text field shrinks down to a basic text form field, and the image TV loses it's browse button. It's as if the first time Wrapper has a go it breaks all TV functionality for subsequent attempts, until I refresh the manager page again.

All my extras are up to date, running Modx 2.4.2.
              • 179 Posts
              Oh, I believe I've fixed it. I think it turns out that in the case of the MIGX init chunk the custom suffix from the plugin property set isn't being honoured. I applied Bruno's fix to my suffixed chunk and there was no effect, but when I applied it to the original it appeared to work correctly.
                • 1,145 Posts
                I think it turns out that in the case of the MIGX init chunk the custom suffix from the plugin property set isn't being honoured
                You are right. At this time, I am uncertain how to go about an accommodation for that. I will look into the MIGX suffix issue more thoroughly.

Actually, @Bruno17 will have to allow some way to read the suffix value in the plugin's property set (+custom set) and do a fix from the MIGX end.
                Or else it will be impossible for TinymceWrapper to know what MIGX users are up to. [ed. note: donshakespeare last edited this post 8 years, 5 months ago.]
                  • 572 Posts
                  Hi,
                  I am unable to get the formatting for 'underline' to work. I can apply it on a resource but it doesn't display on the website and when i return to the resource in the Manager the formatting disappears too. Is there something I need to add to the content chunk to enable this?
                    www.9thwave.co.uk
                       WEB | DESIGN | PRINT
                    • 1,145 Posts
                    Let me try and guess your solution here:

- Go to http://fiddle.tinmce.com/
                    - Enter some text,
                    - do the underline thing, by Ctrl+S or whatever means
                    - observe the status bar

This is the new default markup
                    //e.g #1
                    <p><span style="text-decoration: underline;">test</span></p>

Yours might be totally different, say, the old school
                     //e.g #2
                    <p><u>test</u></p>
                    (apparently <u></u> is deprecated)

From what you describe, you have not allowed either or both of these elements[plus attributes] in your valid_elements or valid_children
                    If you have the default setting in your init chunk, e.g # 1 will never work
                    valid_elements: "iframe[*],object[*],audio[*],-span[!title|!class<test test2],a[href|target|class|rel|title|data-ajax|data-iframe|onclick],strong,b,-p[class<text-align-left?text-align-center?text-align-right],br,-h1[class|data-ajax|data-iframe],-h2[class|data-ajax|data-iframe],-h3[class|data-ajax|data-iframe],-img[!src|!alt|!class=round_img|data-ajax|data-iframe],em,-blockquote,pre[class],-ol,-ul,-li,-code[class],hr[*]",

The code in bold, boldly strips down any span tag that have attributes not included here.
                    Change to -span[*] or delete it altogether.

This idea goes for the u tag

If the above solution don't work nothing, look into ya valid_children

Cheers
                      • 1,145 Posts
                      To allow the so-called ancient <u> tag
                      add
                      formats : {
                        underline : {inline : 'u', exact : true}
                       },
                      and add u to valid_elements

For some hullabaloo http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12291