We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    No, i just called the snipppet. i even called it from a template and also from a document, but the result was the same.
      • 4,213 Posts
      look at the snippet code that does it seem ok.. I recently had an issue where the code was changed to html entities when I saved it, and someone else had that same too.. so look that does the code have things like &amp &lt &gt &quot, etc.. And if it does, try to resave the code (eg. paste again)

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
        • 8 Posts
        yes, the code seems to be ok, and after a fresh paste the error still remains.
        the problem is right in that section where php- and html-code is mixed. the raw code can be seen on the page from a point where an "if" has a condition whit a ">=" operator. (it’s in the part where it decides how many rows are needed for the given month).
        I even separeted the condtion to get rid of the ">". So, i made two conditions, one for 30- and another for 31-day month and then the code was on the page from the next condition with an ">" operator (if($d>0)) which is about a dozen lines down from the original one.
        so, it seems to have problems with that charachter inside the php code, and maybe recognize it as an ending to a html tag.
        but that doesn’t get me any closer to the solution.

edit: i did the old trick. i started to count the "<?" and "?>" tags and it soon became clear, that the starting opening tag was missing from the kalender_snippet_copy_this.php.
        Now, i can’t see the code on the page, nor can i see anything huh it doesn’t give an error or anything (not even in the system events) i just have a blank page now...
        • Hi!

I’ve just begun to use modX and am amazed at the power it has.

I have had all the problems mentioned in this section about Kalendar. I changed the page to where I put the snippet: [!Kalender?parent=58!] and still have nothing to show. I’ve tried all the changes mentioned above but I don’t know the first thing about php and in the past all the snippets I have integrated into my site have been pretty straightforward. I appreciate so much the time taken to design the Kalendar php, but I can’t get it to work at any level. Here’s the current error message I’m getting:

http://krissarratt.com/calendar.html

Does anyone have the php code fixed where it could be simply downloaded, copied and pasted in the "new snippet"?

Thanks!
            Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
            • 174 Posts
            I tried to implement this fine Kalender but got this message:
            "
            PHP error debug
            Error: include() [function.include]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/htmlhttp://xxx/html/assets/snippets/kalender/themes/gold/theme.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/html/:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/phptmp/:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/files/:/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/atd/)
            Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
            File: /srv/www/htdocs/xxx/html/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(748) : eval()’d code
            Line: 211
            "

safe_mode is OFF. Trying the propposals in this thread and a lot other modifications the messages turned to i.e. :
            "URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration"
            What way could I get out of this?
            • Looks like what is supposed to be a filesystem path was set to be a url.
                Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • Sotwell, you said: "Looks like what is supposed to be a filesystem path was set to be a url."

If that being the case, how would you suggest I fix that? I tried all the changes listed in this thread, but all with the same results: modX Parse error.

What would be your suggestion?
                  Precision Web Development ... SmashStack.com
                  • 174 Posts
                  That was the hint! smiley, thanx Sottwell,
                  I’ve changed the url path to "server path"
                  $assets_path = "/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/html/assets/";
                  $pathPrefix = "/srv/www/htdocs/xxx/html/assets/snippets/kalender" ;
                  That helped to see the calendar on the page.
                  sad
                  now to the next desaster: the calendar comes up like a calendar but unstyled, without the images and with the message
                  "nd is not defined --- xxx.html (line 1) --- onmouseout"
                  and "unterminated string literal" sometimes
                  when mouseout an event day. What makes me most estonnished the html shows the appropiate paths and data for tahe images and text.

what to do now?
                    • 92 Posts
                    Good, Calendar is what I needed. The only issue I see so far is that I set documents publish date to the future, because it automatically unsets "published" flag when the date is in the future, thus Calendar does not display the document. Any ideas how to fix that?
                      • 32 Posts
                      Hi there,

There no click action on Kalender ?
                      I’d think there a way to go to a article by clicking on a event in Kalender.
                      But in the HTML source code, there no javascript click event.

I see at line 570 of the snippet : $overlib_click = "";
                      But how can be a click action if this variable is null ?

Do you have the click action on your kalenders ?
                      I try with simple URL and not, but same issue.

Show the events is great, show the detail is better huh ? smiley

Who have made a patch ?

thx
                      ++
                        --
                        MacSpyre