We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,078 Posts
    Odd though that right after I created a new cache and change the path, the packages were gone. Then after I reverted to original setting they came back.

Oh well. Could've been the blizzard. I got my SSH set up so will be updating to 2.2.12 on one site. Good practice refresher for then updating the site I am currently designing and struggling with this phpThumbsUp add on.

• Coincidence most likely. It came and went in the evening event. Sometimes they would take a long time to show up but they did show up (about 3 min), sometimes they showed up right away, but then could not be updated or downloaded. That part was consistent iirc.

The cache folder for phpThumbsUp has absolutely no bearing on package management. It's simply impossible. If creating or deleting folders in other parts of the installation gorked packages... we'd all be pissed off all the time :~}
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 388 Posts
        Revo Updated from 2.2.11-pl to 2.2.12-pl and phpThumbsUp Still not working... :S

Any Ideas???

Delete package, reinstall, delete cache, login in, Login out, etc... and no good look!

Thank you!
          --
          ysanmiguel.com
        • When you deleted the cache, did you do it from the manager, or did you delete all the files in the core/cache directory?

When I installed the 2.2.12 dev files, it didn't work till I cleared the core/cache files. I think I may have cleared the browser cache too.

Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 1,078 Posts
            I'll be updating my site in question either later today or tomorrow. I'll post back in concerning the phpThumbsUp. I hope it works.
              • 388 Posts
              I delete cache from folder, browser an manager... I'm using phpThumbOf now, and picturefill to make the responsive change...

mmcgee... tell me if that works for you, please!

Thank you!
                --
                ysanmiguel.com
                • 1,078 Posts
                Are you using phpThumbsOf now or phpThumbsUp?

I'll check back in later after I have had a chance to back up files and update to 2.2.12.

Thanks,
                  • 388 Posts
                  phpThumbsUp is the one that does not work in 2.2.11 and 2.2.12, for me!.

phpThumbsOf has not problems in 2.2.11 or .12

thumbsUp is good because the responsive option that does not exist in ThumbsOf but I'm using Picture fill with ThumbsOf for responsive images.

https://github.com/scottjehl/picturefill

Very nice and works very well...

But I want to try ThumbsUp, but not good luck until now!
                    --
                    ysanmiguel.com
                    • 1,078 Posts
                    How do I get pThumb to work as my responsive image solution? Do I also need to incorporate picture fill?
                      • 96 Posts
                      Sebastian Zahn | ingroove.uy Reply #70, 10 years, 1 month ago
                      In my case, phpthumbof stop working in version 2.2.11. In version 2.2.12 fix the problem, but try pthumb and now it´s my workhorse. It´s fast, use resizer to resize and crop images, and the most important, performance improved!, the only issue is Image+ (cropping images tool) not work anymore, but don´t need it for this project. Using Modx 2.2.13 now and works great.

In my case for responsive websites i use bootstrap 3, and create the thumbs needed and show or hide in each breakpoint with bootstrap css classes.

This is a great article about responsive image solutions, i think there isn´t a perfect solution by now, you have to choose one that fit your needs, but this article is very well explained and goes from server side solutions, js solutions, and cloud solutions: http://mobile.smashingmagazine.com/2013/07/08/choosing-a-responsive-image-solution/

Cheers.

Sebastian.

Quote from: Ysanmiguel at Feb 23, 2014, 09:10 PM
                      Revo Updated from 2.2.11-pl to 2.2.12-pl and phpThumbsUp Still not working... :S

Any Ideas???

Delete package, reinstall, delete cache, login in, Login out, etc... and no good look!

Thank you!

Quote from: Ysanmiguel at Feb 24, 2014, 03:21 PM
                      phpThumbsUp is the one that does not work in 2.2.11 and 2.2.12, for me!.

phpThumbsOf has not problems in 2.2.11 or .12

thumbsUp is good because the responsive option that does not exist in ThumbsOf but I'm using Picture fill with ThumbsOf for responsive images.

https://github.com/scottjehl/picturefill

Very nice and works very well...

But I want to try ThumbsUp, but not good luck until now!