We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I just updated the site that I uploaded the php files from the nightly on. Same site that couldn't produce transparent .pngs with the patched files. Same result with white backgrounds instead of transparency. pThumb works fine.

Not responsive either.

The images show up though. That's a good thing.
      Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
      "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
      Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
      • 1,078 Posts
      pThumb was my other direction. Having a discussion on another post to determine whether I can connect this with Interchange.
      Interchange seems perfect, just need to avoid the conditional thing. My current setup I think might force the processing of all sizes, when only one would be needed. I'm not even sure it will work, but hoping to test tonight.

http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=89202&page=1
        • 1,078 Posts
        I'm only just trying to get one site off the ground. I really feel for those of you who might now have a non or semi functioning add-on integrated into multiple web sites. Yikes!
        • I haven't got this working in MODX quite yet, but it looks promising.
          http://adaptive-images.com/
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            • 1,078 Posts
            I was still reviewing. A bit nervous about the htaccess. I don't don't have a full grasp on this and whether there are any security issues. Seems pretty straight ahead. Matt emailed me back last night and said that it's free to use.
              • 1,078 Posts
              Plus– it supports retina.
              • Removing the sizing from the phpthumbsup call fixes the transparency issue. Images aren't responsive though.

So, it's still unusable for thumbnails of any given size. If I can't pass a size for thumbnails and it's not handling responsive images in any way, I'm not seeing any point just yet. pThumb works all the time.

No one but me having issue with transparent png's?
                  • 1,078 Posts
                  Yikes. I went to Package Management and none of my packages were there.

Early today I had modified the phpThumbs core_cache directory path while trying to troubleshoot the add-on. Just returned the setting to it's original and deleted the folder I had created. Now the packages are visible again.

I'm uninstalling it, and will work a bit with pThumb in the am.
                  • For those having issues with phpThumbsUp, 2.2.12, released today, is said to patch the issue.
                    • Package management wasn't in the best of spirits when you saw your packages not there. It wasn't because of the phpThumbsUp package or your cache paths and new folder at all. We were all having issues that day with packages, there were two events that I'm aware of. One in the AM US time, and another in the PM through early AM yesterday.