We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • [quote author=kudykam date=1380357922]
    So when I want to send email manually. I still have to fill date (for example today), then I generate queue (for testing purposes I select only group administrator), which found only your account (not mine), then I send it. But becouse i set today date, then  email would be send twice no (first, manually, second automatically)?
    [/quote]

No, there would be a report that records the queue.

[quote author=kudykam date=1380357922]
    One small detail. because I will probably use only one group and when I click Virtu component, group is always closed and I have to click it to open, is it possible to save last state or keep it open all the time?

Is it really required?

Quote from: kudykam at Sep 28, 2013, 08:45 AM

On testing, email was sucessfuly send, but when I click on link to open newsleter in browser
    http://www.ochutnavac.cz/newsletter?newsid=4

it return error.
    What error is it?

Whats the template for unsubscribe page? It is not in RTFM. There is only unsubscribe complete messege, but not a page I should redirct the user from email....
    Well, just duplicate the subscription's template (for email confirmation), modify the words, then define the unsubscription confirmation in the System Settings.

According to RTFM in newsletter resource template there should not be DOCTYPE and HEAD section. Why? It might not display correctly wehn I preview the message in browser...
    Good question.
    I should create 2 kind of output then, one for browser, the other one for email body.
    It was originally to avoid the content, as the email body, breaks the HTML structure when it is read in a web based email client.

I delete all previous newsleeters and create a new one. On click View it displays correctly even with placeholders. I made some changes in resource, then tried to preview the message again, but it displayed without the changes...
    "Save" the newsletter again to update.
      Rico
      Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison
      MODx is great, but knowing how to use it well makes it perfect!

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Maintainter/contributor of Babel

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
      • 217 Posts
      Quote from: goldsky at Sep 28, 2013, 05:31 PM

Is it really required?
      No ;-)

What error is it?
      [/qoute]
      Error 500

"Save" the newsletter again to update.
      Of course, I did... Didnt help....
      • ok, found the culprit. it's fixed.
          Rico
          Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration. Thomas A. Edison

www.virtudraft.com

Security, security, security! | Indonesian MODx Forum | MODx Revo's cheatsheets | MODx Evo's cheatsheets

Author of Easy 2 Gallery 1.4.x, PHPTidy, spieFeed, FileDownload R, Upload To Users CMP, Inherit Template TV, LexRating, ExerPlan, Lingua, virtuNewsletter, Grid Class Key, SmartTag, prevNext

Because it's hard to follow all topics on the forum, PING ME ON TWITTER @_goldsky if you need my help.
          • 217 Posts
          So I test the newsletter, send it to my email. When I cklick the link preview in borwser, I still get 500 Error. Found in modx log:
          [2013-10-01 10:19:53] (ERROR in VirtuNewsletter::getSubscriber @ /hosting/www/gvw.cz/ochutnavac/core/components/virtunewsletter/model/virtunewsletter.class.php : 742) Unabled to get subscriber with criteria: Array
          (
              [email] => 
          )

[2013-10-01 10:50:14] (ERROR in VirtuNewsletter::getSubscriber @ /hosting/www/gvw.cz/ochutnavac/core/components/virtunewsletter/model/virtunewsletter.class.php : 742) Unabled to get subscriber with criteria: Array
          (
              [email] => [email protected]
          )

[2013-10-01 10:56:12] (ERROR in VirtuNewsletter::getSubscriber @ /hosting/www/gvw.cz/ochutnavac/core/components/virtunewsletter/model/virtunewsletter.class.php : 742) Unabled to get subscriber with criteria: Array
          (
              [email] => 
          )

I guess this error is due to sending to testing email???

Unsubsribe link looks like this
          http://www.ochutnavac.cz/newsletter/potvrzeni-zruseni-newsletteru?subid=4&h=&act=unsubscribe

On this resource I have the same code like from template "activation-email-ptl" Is that correct???

When I generate Queue in Report tab in Componet virtuNews, it returns nothing.. it should return some email address, no?
            • 1 Posts
            By clicking "send" error occurs:

[2013-10-03 02:56:11] (ERROR in VirtuNewsletter::sendNewsletter @ /var/www/bencard/www/core/components/virtunewsletter/model/virtunewsletter.class.php : 995) Unable to get content of the newsletter:Array
            (
                [id] => 2
                [user_id] => 1
                [name] => Алексей
                [is_active] => 1
                [hash] => ZQR1MGt2ATL3MzD0AQZmLGRjZzWyZmLjAGL0AwH3BQWxAzIwMzZkBGZkMJHkL2SzLwDkAwuzMzSzLGSuZwSvMzZlMwxjMQp0ZQWyZGR5ZwWxMQV0ATR1ZwV2ZJWuLzD5AGxkBQL5BGZ1LGMwBQp5AJWyMQWzZwIwZQV0BJH2A2L=
            )

[2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getDataType() -- No data type specified for field (subject), using `text`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getPHPType() -- No PHP type specified for field (subject), using `string`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getDataType() -- No data type specified for field (email), using `text`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getPHPType() -- No PHP type specified for field (email), using `string`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getDataType() -- No data type specified for field (name), using `text`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (DEBUG @ /assets/components/virtunewsletter/conn/mgr.php) xPDOObject::_getPHPType() -- No PHP type specified for field (name), using `string`.
            [2013-10-03 02:56:11] (ERROR @ /var/www/bencard/www/core/components/virtunewsletter/processors/mgr/reports/sendall.php : 65) Failed to send a queue! Array
            (
                [newsletter_id] => 2
                [subscriber_id] => 2
                [current_occurrence_time] => 1380758400
                [status] => queue
                [status_logged_on] => 1380752905
                [next_occurrence_time] => 
                [subject] => тест 1
                [name] => Алексей
            )

• @kudykam,
              ignore it, that becayse you used unregistered email to the subscription for the testing.
              that's why the unsubscribe link is missing the "h=xxxxx_hash_text_here_xxxx" argument.

@ad-man,
              which version are you using?
              currently it's 1.3.0-pl
                Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• Quote from: kudykam at Oct 01, 2013, 09:01 AM
                So I test the newsletter, send it to my email. When
                On this resource I have the same code like from template "activation-email-ptl" Is that correct???
                Yes.
                Remember, save the ID of the resource to the System Settings.

Quote from: kudykam at Oct 01, 2013, 09:01 AM
                When I generate Queue in Report tab in Componet virtuNews, it returns nothing.. it should return some email address, no?
                Hmm... looks like the admin is not registered to the category.
                I'll check on it.
                  Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• Please download the latest version (1.4.0-pl).
                  There are important updates.
                  Refresh your browser after updating.
                    Rico

www.virtudraft.com

• 1 Posts
                    :)
                      • 217 Posts
                      I have got a new version.
                      When generate queue for admin group I only get your account not mine.
                      When sending test email and try to view it in browser I got link http://www.ochutnavac.cz/newsletter?newsid=4 which shows nothing.
                      Preview works
                      Not sure about content of unsubscribe resource (904) I have this content:
                          <a href="[[~902?
                             &subid=`[[+virtuNewsletter.email.id]]`
                             &h=`[[+virtuNewsletter.email.hash]]`
                             &act=`[[+virtuNewsletter.email.act]]`
                             &scheme=`full`]]"
                             target="_blank">deactivate</a>.