We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,118 Posts
    Hi all,

I have 2 sites that have been live since turn of this year which are both running MODx 2.2.5pl (traditional), I have just logged in to the manage on both and I can no longer see the resources tree / files manager tree / chunks / TVs etc on the LHS and clicking on any of the nav items like Components > Gallery etc load a blank white page????

What has happened???? Nothing has changed on the server or in the manager - has something external changed which could make this happen? I need to get these sorted ASAP!

Please anyone know of a fix for this or what has happened? Seems very odd that is has happened to 2 sites on seperate hosting accounts.

The host is UK2NET running PHP 5.3.23, mySQL 5.1.68-cll and Apache 2.2.24.

I am getting the same issue on all browsers I have tried, Mac FF, Safari and Chrome...

HELP!

This question has been answered by dubbs. See the first response.

[ed. note: dubbs last edited this post 10 years, 11 months ago.]
    • Relax tongue

Check out the error logs. Both the server error log and the MODX error log (you can view that via the filesystem too, core/cache/logs/error.log).

Also have a look at the developer console of your browser. There's probably a bunch of errors in the console. There might be some failed requests in the Network tabs as well.

Is it just happening for you? If so, you might get some result by clearing your browser cache.
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 1,118 Posts
        Quote from: markh at May 02, 2013, 08:37 PM
        Check out the error logs. Both the server error log and the MODX error log (you can view that via the filesystem too, core/cache/logs/error.log).

Server error log is empty... Error.log file in core/cache/logs/error.log is 26mb!!!!!!!!

Also have a look at the developer console of your browser. There's probably a bunch of errors in the console. There might be some failed requests in the Network tabs as well.

Only one error in developer console of Mac FF which is:

Timestamp: 02/05/2013 21:39:01
        Error: TypeError: can't convert undefined to object
        Source File: http://modx.com/assets/components/discuss/themes/modx/js/sh/shCore.js
        Line: 20

Is it just happening for you? If so, you might get some result by clearing your browser cache.

I have cleared cache and tried multiple browsers all my end and same results...
        • Quote from: dubbs at May 02, 2013, 08:43 PM

Only one error in developer console of Mac FF which is:

Timestamp: 02/05/2013 21:39:01
          Error: TypeError: can't convert undefined to object
          Source File: http://modx.com/assets/components/discuss/themes/modx/js/sh/shCore.js
          Line: 20

Check the console when loading your manager, not when viewing the forums wink

You could remove the MODX error.log file, load the manager and then see the result of that. Or just look at the last entries in the file.
            Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
            • 1,118 Posts
            Mark, I am just downloading the log file so will post up that shortly.

Using Chrome Dev tools - these are the errors I get once the manager page renders into view (note I have removed domain name for security and replaced with example):

Resource interpreted as Script but transferred with MIME type text/html: "http://www.example.com/". www.example.com:11
            Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token < /:1
            Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined ext-base.js:7
            Ext.apply.extend ext-base.js:7
            (anonymous function) index.php:12
            Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'prototype' of undefined ext-base.js:7
            Ext.apply.extend ext-base.js:7
            (anonymous function) index.php:1
            Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function ext-all.js:7
            create ext-all.js:7
            Ext.extend.load modx.js:74
            (anonymous function) www.example.com:20
            (anonymous function) ext-all.js:7
            b ext-all.js:7
            (anonymous function) www.example.com:32
            b ext-all.js:7
            (anonymous function) www.example.com:40
            b

Does this mean anything to anyone???
              • 1,118 Posts
              Mark - this entry is repeated in the "core/cache/logs/error_log" file many many many times

[2013-05-02 21:36:10] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
                • 1,118 Posts
                Mark - the errors being shown in the Google Chrome web developer tools are identical in the x2 affect 2.2.5pl sites I have with this issue...

I have been reading these posts > http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=80014 and http://forums.modx.com/thread/?thread=79847 and it sounds like it might be an issue with getResources and Gallery? Both of which I am using in these sites...

Please anyone any ideas????
                • That error in the log is nothing to worry about.

Those JS errors indicate some failed script loading. It sounds like it is loading the site homepage instead of a js file, which could come from the config JS not loading properly.

• 1,118 Posts
                    Quote from: markh at May 02, 2013, 09:38 PM
                    That error in the log is nothing to worry about.

Those JS errors indicate some failed script loading. It sounds like it is loading the site homepage instead of a js file, which could come from the config JS not loading properly.

Mark, I found this "I set compress_js=0 in the system_settings table and cleared the config.cache.php." here > http://tracker.modx.com/issues/6509

I have changed compress_js to 0 in the DB via PHPmyAdmin - is it OK to delete the contents of the core/cache folder? Will this take down the front-facing website? Currently the site loads fine for punters viewing it - just the manager does not work... I dont want to have the front and back end down at the same time so nervous about how to clear the cache...
                    • discuss.answer
                      • 1,118 Posts
                      YES!!!! Solved it... manager loading at last...

I did:

1. Login to PHPmyAdmin in "SYSTEM_SETTINGS" table change "compress_js" and "compress_css" to 0 (they will be set to 1 currently), then
                      2. In the "core/cache/system_settings/" directory, rename the "config.cache.php" file to "__config.cache.php" > this makes MODx create a new one with the new settings from the DB - and it should all now work..
                      3. Clear cache of browser, refresh page, login - errors gone!!!!

No idea why but happy its working once more! [ed. note: dubbs last edited this post 10 years, 11 months ago.]