We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 219 Posts
    Hi,

I have upgraded our Advanced Revo install from version 2.2.4 to version 2.2.5. There were no errors displayed during the upgrade process however the error log is now filling up with the follow error:

[2012-10-10 12:55:09] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource

and this one:

[2012-10-10 12:51:37] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource
    [2012-10-10 12:51:37] (ERROR @ /index.php) sources.modMediaSource::getSelectColumns() is not a valid static method.
    [2012-10-10 12:51:37] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing query: SELECT `modChunk`.`id` AS `modChunk_id`, `modChunk`.`source` AS `modChunk_source`, `modChunk`.`property_preprocess` AS `modChunk_property_preprocess`, `modChunk`.`name` AS `modChunk_name`, `modChunk`.`description` AS `modChunk_description`, `modChunk`.`editor_type` AS `modChunk_editor_type`, `modChunk`.`category` AS `modChunk_category`, `modChunk`.`cache_type` AS `modChunk_cache_type`, `modChunk`.`snippet` AS `modChunk_snippet`, `modChunk`.`locked` AS `modChunk_locked`, `modChunk`.`properties` AS `modChunk_properties`, `modChunk`.`static` AS `modChunk_static`, `modChunk`.`static_file` AS `modChunk_static_file`, `` FROM `modx_site_htmlsnippets` AS `modChunk` LEFT JOIN `modx_media_sources` `Source` ON `modChunk`.`source` = `Source`.`id` WHERE `modChunk`.`name` = ? ORDER BY `modChunk`.`id` ASC  - Array
    (
        [0] => 42S22
        [1] => 1054
        [2] => Unknown column '' in 'field list'
    )

The errors are occurring approx every 10sec and the error log is growing by 5mb a day.

I have two media sources setup. The default filesystem and one other that limits certain users to a specific folder in the filesystem. The website, manager and both media sources appear to be operating correctly.

Could anyone advise what is wrong or what could be causing the error?

Many Thanks
      Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+
    • Can you try reuploading the 2.2.5 files, and rerunning setup?
        Mark Hamstra • Developer spending his days working on Premium Extras and a MODX Site Dashboard with the ability to remotely upgrade MODX and extras to make the MODX world a little better.

Tweet me @mark_hamstra, check my infrequent blog at markhamstra.com, my slightly more frequent ramblings at MODX.today or see code at Github.
        • 8 Posts
        Same problem here. I tried to reupload all files and rerun the setup, after that i'm having much much more (other) errors in the error log sad my backup was gone, now i have to start from scratch again. Luckily not very much content, but much other things to recreate. I took the "Traditional Setup" as always

[2012-10-14 13:34:58] (ERROR @ /index.php) sources.modMediaSource::getSelectColumns() is not a valid static method.
        [2012-10-14 13:34:58] (ERROR @ /index.php) Error 42S22 executing query: SELECT `modSnippet`.`id` AS `modSnippet_id`, `modSnippet`.`source` AS `modSnippet_source`, `modSnippet`.`property_preprocess` AS `modSnippet_property_preprocess`, `modSnippet`.`name` AS `modSnippet_name`, `modSnippet`.`description` AS `modSnippet_description`, `modSnippet`.`editor_type` AS `modSnippet_editor_type`, `modSnippet`.`category` AS `modSnippet_category`, `modSnippet`.`cache_type` AS `modSnippet_cache_type`, `modSnippet`.`snippet` AS `modSnippet_snippet`, `modSnippet`.`locked` AS `modSnippet_locked`, `modSnippet`.`properties` AS `modSnippet_properties`, `modSnippet`.`moduleguid` AS `modSnippet_moduleguid`, `modSnippet`.`static` AS `modSnippet_static`, `modSnippet`.`static_file` AS `modSnippet_static_file`, `` FROM `modx_site_snippets` AS `modSnippet` LEFT JOIN `modx_media_sources` `Source` ON `modSnippet`.`source` = `Source`.`id` WHERE `modSnippet`.`name` = ? ORDER BY `modSnippet`.`id` ASC - Array
        (
        [0] => 42S22
        [1] => 1054
        [2] => Unknown column '' in 'field list'
        )
        [ed. note: blubb1 last edited this post 11 years, 6 months ago.]
          • 219 Posts
          Quote from: markh at Oct 13, 2012, 01:35 AM
          Can you try reuploading the 2.2.5 files, and rerunning setup?

Hi Mark,

I have reuploaded the 2.2.5 files, rerun setup and the error is still appearing at the same rate in the error log.

One thing I did notice this time, during install the following warning was flagged:

Error updating table for class modResource
          Array
          (
          [0] => 42000
          [1] => 1061
          [2] => Duplicate key name 'cache_refresh_idx'
          )

Do you think it is related?

Many Thanks
            Find me on Twitter, GitHub or Google+
            • 8 Posts
            Now i reinstalled from scratch. The errors are gone, until - yeah until i test my own snippet again. It throws errors like the ones upon. I think its not the same problem so i'm out of this thread now smiley the strange thing is it throws exactly the same error
            • I was getting this error on one of our sites, re-uploaded the files and ran setup again and the error is gone so far.
              • I'm gonna ask the question... did you FTP the unpacked modx2.2.5-pl.zip contents to the server?

It can't find something it's supposed to find, so it stands to reason that it's missing.

Grab a fresh copy of MODX 2.2.5, and try to install again, but without FTP (if you did use it).
                  Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
                  "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
                  Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
                • OK, I spoke too soon about it not appearing. Went back to the site today and the error was there again, over and over. This error is sporadic, occurred for five hours then stopped appearing again.

[2012-10-16 00:54:34] (ERROR @ /index.php) Could not get table name for class: modFileMediaSource

I overwrote every file except the assets, core/config and core/packages (I did upload core package separately) folders and re-ran setup.

We use Rackspace Cloud Sites for this site which is HORRIBLE with its MODX support. 2.2.5 appears to be running fine so far but turning off flock caused sites to go down. RS Cloud Sites doesn't allow shell access so FTP or SFTP is the only option.
                    • 8 Posts
                    Now i am here again sad it's not my own snippet, i am getting this errors again and again. Don't know the cause...
                      • 8 Posts
                      Any update here? I'm still having this issue, the error log grows and grows sad please help