We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 61 Posts
    I get this error a lot since I updated to 2.2.5-pl traditional (17MB of it!).
    Can someone help me with this?

Many thanks,
    SC,
    • Where? When? What do you do just prior to seeing it?
        Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
        "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
        Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
        • 61 Posts
        This error is generated on Modx error log.
        When-> all the time, that is why it generates 17mb of text file in a day of so.
          • 8 Posts
          The same issue: http://forums.modx.com/thread/79847/revo-2-2-5-adv-file-media-source-errors
          My own page is also affected, until now no idea what is wrong sad with 2.2.4 all went well
          • Do you have any Static Elements attached to Media Sources? Or Image TV's? I cannot reproduce this issue; in fact, it is the symptom of a known bug prior to 2.2.5 in many environments that was resolved in that release.

We need to identify the source of this issue in order to solve it...if anyone can isolate what is causing the issue, it would be extremely helpful.
              • 8 Posts
              If you meant me: yes i have two image TV's. Before 2.2.5 i've got no errors. If i can do anything do identify the problem i would do it, but no idea where to start
                • 11 Posts
                I'm experiencing the problem too: http://forums.modx.com/thread/79847/revo-2-2-5-adv-file-media-source-errors#dis-post-441212

No static elements, but I have 7 image TVs all under the same category. Each has Input Type set to Image and Output set to Default. Only Media Source is the default web context with Filesystem source.

All that said, I think I may have been getting the error before creating any of the image TVs, but I'm not 100% on that.

Looking at the log, it appears that the error started around the time I added some components. For about 10 days after a fresh install of 2.2.5-pl trad. there were no errors and during that time I installed Wayfinder and getResources. A few days later I then installed QuickCrumbs, TinyMCE and FormIt. The errors started around the time I installed QuickCrumbs, but it doesn't appear to be the cause as I have uninstalled it and the errors continue at a voluminous rate.

Don't know where else to look. Open to suggestions...
                  • 24,544 Posts
                  It would help a lot if any of you can identify what Manager actions and/or page visits are associated with the error messages. The first step in narrowing that down is to try to see if the error is triggered in the Manager or the front end (or both).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  PLEASE, PLEASE specify the version of MODX you are using.
                  MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                    Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                    MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                    My MODX Extras
                    Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                    • 8 Posts
                    If i work within the manager, it won't fill the error log. I'd only get it when i visit the front end.
                      • 11 Posts
                      Bob, I will investigate and see whether it is the same for me as @blubb1.

Not sure whether this may have contributed: the contents of the install.config.log –

[2012-10-11 18:29:10] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) xPDOVehicle resolver failed: type php (--address-removed--core/modContext/cd0583f5e190451e0235a81793628054.resolve.core.resolver)
                      [2012-10-11 18:29:10] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) Could not resolve vehicle for object of class modContext; criteria: Array
                      (
                          [key] => web
                      )

[2012-10-11 18:29:10] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) xPDOVehicle resolver failed: type php (--address-removed--core/modContext/200977f91595ab9bc0327e1e0ec25f62.resolve.core.resolver)
                      [2012-10-11 18:29:10] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) Could not resolve vehicle for object of class modContext; criteria: Array
                      (
                          [key] => mgr
                      )

[2012-10-11 18:29:10] (ERROR @ /setup/index.php) xPDOVehicle resolver failed: type php (--address-removed--core/xPDOFileVehicle/ebdf71a63c4ec853b1e8088523de3ffa.resolve.core.resolver)