We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 120 Posts
    Quote from: bS at Oct 10, 2006, 07:57 AM

Quote from: jlivingston at Oct 10, 2006, 02:05 AM

So is there currently a way to list out and moderate all of the comments from the entire site, from a single page/location?

Sorry not yet, up next are:

- Edit
    - Sorting
    - Central Moderation (what you want)

Great to hear.
      • 57 Posts
      Just wondering- when I make the document that contains the call to Jot un-cacheable, all styles disappear. Does that imply that a document is required to be cacheable for the styles to work properly? I’m referring to the jot.css that is called by the snippet. I could always load these styles into my template style sheet, but would like to be able to keep them seperate if possible.
        • 398 Posts
        Quote from: virgil at Oct 11, 2006, 07:03 PM

Just wondering- when I make the document that contains the call to Jot un-cacheable, all styles disappear. Does that imply that a document is required to be cacheable for the styles to work properly? I’m referring to the jot.css that is called by the snippet. I could always load these styles into my template style sheet, but would like to be able to keep them seperate if possible.

That is actually an issue with MODx itself and is solved in the latest/upcoming release.
          Armand Pondman
          MODx Coding Team
          :: Jot :: PHx
          • 398 Posts
          Jot 1.0 final is on it’s way but because there are some significant changes I would like to take the time to prepare and discuss some of the upcoming changes.

New custom fields storage method

The XML library will not be included in the 1.0 because custom fields are now stored as seperate records instead of an XML in a field. This will allow for sorting and some other functionality to be more efficient. This change however would require a migration script for all < 1.0 comment entries which have their custom fields stored the old way.

Edit

The option to edit comments (for moderators and for comment-owners) will be added and will make use of the same template as the one for posting.

Sorting

It will be possible to sort the comments on all fields available (including custom fields) from the Jot call. I was wondering if there’s a need to also to be able to sort on the fly?

Central Moderation

A dedicated Jot call will output the central moderation overview. From this view it is possible to check which topics have unpublished comments. A possible limitation however will be the way comments are viewed and edited in central moderation. The best way to moderate a specific topic will still be from the original Jot call.

The default templates will again be modified to fit the new features.
          If you have any questions/suggestion regarding these changes please feel free to give feedback.

Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
          • If the "threading" future feature becomes the basis for using Jot as a mini-forum type application, sorting on-the-fly might become useful. Not to say it should be implemented now, but maybe things can be done now in a way to make its future implementation easier.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 398 Posts
              Quote from: sottwell at Oct 13, 2006, 08:32 AM

If the "threading" future feature becomes the basis for using Jot as a mini-forum type application, sorting on-the-fly might become useful. Not to say it should be implemented now, but maybe things can be done now in a way to make its future implementation easier.

the sorting logic in the code has already been taken care of.. it’s more a matter of displaying a proper UI for the user to make the sort smiley
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
              • Any progress on dealing with the open_basedir issues yet?
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • 398 Posts
                  Quote from: sottwell at Oct 13, 2006, 01:06 PM

Any progress on dealing with the open_basedir issues yet?

They are fixed for 1.0 final wink
                    Armand Pondman
                    MODx Coding Team
                    • 255 Posts
                    I must say, you’ve done a kickass job with Jot, it’s really complete and I haven’t been missing any features yet.

One little hint though; include in the install.txt file a little list of the chunks you’ve included in the package, else newbies (like me) might start looking for several hours for example templates before they realise it’s already in the file wink
                      • 398 Posts
                      Quote from: Leftblank at Oct 14, 2006, 03:37 PM

I must say, you’ve done a kickass job with Jot, it’s really complete and I haven’t been missing any features yet.

One little hint though; include in the install.txt file a little list of the chunks you’ve included in the package, else newbies (like me) might start looking for several hours for example templates before they realise it’s already in the file wink

one f my goals is to have things running straight "out of the box" when someone doesn’t need the customizing smiley
                      About the chunks, good point I will update the install.txt smiley
                      Also the 1.0 non beta version will be here end of the weekend.
                        Armand Pondman
                        MODx Coding Team

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.