We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 57 Posts
    Trying to get my head around making the templates- I hope in your final version you at least note what templates are used for the various portions of the snippet. One thing that’s driving me a bit nutty- There are inline styles for the jot-mod div elements- particularly the links to delete, etc. Are these in the template for the moderated display of comments? If not, where do the come from? A little hard to style this when I can’t target the class due to inline styles. Example (from firefox output)-

<a href="/index.php?id=42&jot323377af=delete&jid323377af=1" 
    onclick="return confirm('Are you sure you wish to delete this comment?')" 
    title="Delete Comment" style="width: 20px;float: right;">

Thanks for any info!
      • 398 Posts
      Quote from: virgil at Oct 09, 2006, 08:49 PM

Trying to get my head around making the templates- I hope in your final version you at least note what templates are used for the various portions of the snippet. One thing that’s driving me a bit nutty- There are inline styles for the jot-mod div elements- particularly the links to delete, etc. Are these in the template for the moderated display of comments? If not, where do the come from? A little hard to style this when I can’t target the class due to inline styles. Example (from firefox output)-

Thanks for any info!

Depends on the version:

< Beta 7: chunk.comment.moderate.inc.html (&tplModerate)
      Beta 8 >: chunk.comment.inc.html (&tplComments)

Documentation will be enhanced as soon as Jot is out of beta.
        Armand Pondman
        MODx Coding Team
        :: Jot :: PHx
        • 120 Posts
        So is there currently a way to list out and moderate all of the comments from the entire site, from a single page/location?
          • 398 Posts
          Quote from: jlivingston at Oct 10, 2006, 02:05 AM

So is there currently a way to list out and moderate all of the comments from the entire site, from a single page/location?

Sorry not yet, up next are:

- Edit
          - Sorting
          - Central Moderation (what you want)
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
          • Heh. Add threading, and you’ve got a mini-forum!
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 398 Posts
              Quote from: sottwell at Oct 10, 2006, 08:20 AM

Heh. Add threading, and you’ve got a mini-forum!

always one step ahead smiley (check first post of the topic for my todo list)
              The db table and snippet code is already prepared for nested comments and some other features wink

One thing that keeps me busy now is creating a new custom fields solution (pure db) that is both dynamic and efficient enough.
                Armand Pondman
                MODx Coding Team
                • 358 Posts
                Agree, this snippet soon has all the forum functions I need! Both comments AND forum in the same snippet, me like! laugh

Only problem is that the first version I made on my upcoming new site I have to completely redo, but it doesn’t matter, I’ll have a much better solution! smiley

I think I’ll try to persuade bS to code my "Personal Homepage" (or "MySpace") function I’ll need. smiley
                  • 398 Posts
                  Keep in mind that as long as it says Beta i’m not investing much time in backwards compatibility (most of the big changes are backwards compatible but still). My goal now is to bring a snippet that contains "most wanted" features, and to bring it fast wink
                    Armand Pondman
                    MODx Coding Team
                    • 358 Posts
                    Go for it! smiley

In your todo list it says: "* Edit comment".

Does that mean that the user who wrote the "comment" will be able to edit his/her own comment? Or is it just for the moderator?

Can’t wait til you have all this functions ready! smiley
                      • 398 Posts
                      Edit will be for both moderator and comment author (author edit will be controlled by a &parameter in the snippet call).
                        Armand Pondman
                        MODx Coding Team

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.