We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 398 Posts
    Give your site users the opportunity to enter feedback on your articles. Add comments to articles, create guestbooks, you can even use multiple instances on the same page. Jot is the reincarnation of the former Replix snippet.

* Latest Version: http://modxcms.com/Jot-998.html
    * Jot Demo Site: http://projects.zerobarrier.nl/modx/
    * Documentation: http://wiki.modxcms.com/index.php/Jot (wiki)

To Do: ( = 1.0 Final)

Snippet:

* detect identical submits.
    * change to other custom field method.
    * Edit comment.
    * Sorting.
    * Custom field validation
    * Stylesheet options (don’t include, auto-include, define custom stylesheet)
    * Threaded comments (nested, reply to reply)
    * Report to moderator.
    * mode: Private Messaging.
    * mode: Forum.
    * Preview.
    * User Postcount.

Module:
    * Central moderation.
    * Documentation.

Feature Requests:

* TrackBack
      Armand Pondman
      MODx Coding Team
      :: Jot :: PHx
      • 20 Posts
      I want to use this snippet for a guestbook. But I miss a feature:
      On some sites we have problems with spam guestbook entries. So I need an option to hide new entries by default. A webuser (or group) should be able to activate or delete this entries.

I missed this in usercomments and replix too. I hope that I don’t have to write my own guestbook snippet.

Is it possible to add this feature in jot??
        • 239 Posts
        That would be a nice feature. In my own custom guestbook (not ready enough for release) I have an option similar to that. In my case the new message is checked agains a "badwords" filter (a chunk with bad words in my case). If any of the bad words is found in the message then the message is hidden automatically and can be unhidden by an admin. By tweaking the badwords chunk it was quite easy for me to catch all spam posts I get (about 2-3 a day) and all legit posts go through undisturbed.
          • 398 Posts
          Quote from: dazze at Sep 27, 2006, 07:45 PM

So I need an option to hide new entries by default. A webuser (or group) should be able to activate or delete this entries.

Good thing you mention this.. Jot is already prepared for this feature and I will add this in the next version.

@Mitch: nice idea.. I will add this to my list!
            Armand Pondman
            MODx Coding Team
            • 100 Posts
            So does this version have

&makefolder 0 | 1 (optional)
            set to 1 to automatically convert the parent document to a folder.
            default: 0

Also is it database enabled yet?

These where really the only 2 options or replix that where must have for me because I don’t want comments stored under the main content forcing the main centent to be a folder.
            • Jot stores it all in the database, so makefolder is not needed. smiley
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 1,097 Posts
                Mitch, could you share your badwords list?

I think "http" should be considered a badword - the majority of spam I get contains this.

Another approach would be a "trusted" field for users - so approved members could reply instantly.
                  No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
                  MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
                  Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
                  Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
                  Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
                  MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
                  • 100 Posts
                  Jot stores it all in the database, so makefolder is not needed.

Perfect. Thanks.
                    • 398 Posts
                    Jot 1.0 Beta 3 is now available from the repository. grin

Keep that feedback coming while it’s hot. wink
                      Armand Pondman
                      MODx Coding Team
                      • 100 Posts
                      is there a way to add this to all blog posts without actually having to put the snippet in each post? I want my authors to only worry about content. not snippets needing to be added.

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.