We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,098 Posts
    My settings are:

MYSQL

system_time_zone: GMT

MODX Revo System Settings:

Default Time Zone: GMT
    Server offset time: +1

Server offset time does not work anywhere in the manager, I see it as if it was set to 0. Does anyone else have this issue?
      • 20 Posts
      I'm having the same problem but all seems ok.

This is from my phpinfo()

Default timezone UTC

Directive Local Value Master Value
      date.timezone no value no value

------

My server & local time are exactly the same as seen on my system report.

The attached is from my system report...

Please help!
      [ed. note: mitchmodx last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
        • 20 Posts
        In Mysql I found: system_time_zone GMT
        • In the MODX manager settings - default_timezone should be set with the PHP timezone value that best matches your timezone from mySql server. Matching meaning if the mySQL is set for Pacific Time, use the PHP value of America/Los_Angeles (i.e. best match for Pacific Time) in the MODX manager settings. Matching should actually be "equal to" insofar as this issue. PHP timezone should actually match your MODX setting, yet be "equal to" mySQL.

mySQL is in charge it seems. Start there first, check PHP to verify that it's equal to and/or set if needed, then set MODX with PHP values.

Find PHP timezone list here: http://php.net/manual/en/timezones.php

EDIT: Clarified stuff so it makes sense... [ed. note: frogabog last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
            Frogabog- MODX Websites in Portland Oregon
            "Do yourself a favor and get a copy of "MODX - The Official Guide" by Bob Ray. Read it.
            Having server issues? These guys have MODX Hosting perfected - SkyToaster
            • 70 Posts
            I just went through this again. On my dev server (MAMP running on a mini) Did not touch Modx time settings. Did not touch any settings for MAMP. A site I was working on just stopped letting me change templates. Nothing I did fixed it. I have multiple installs of Modx on this same server. 2 have had this problem. One I fixed by setting the Modx timezone back to blank after setting it to my timezone. The other was this one and nothing seems to fix it. So I did a fresh install in a new directory on the same server with new database. Started rebuilding my site and everything is working fine. No errors in the error log. Sorry I know this doesn't offer any solutions I just wanted to pass on a few observations.
              • 65 Posts
              I'm having a similar problem.

I have 2 contexts:

web
              services

I have 2 templates:

homeTpl
              interiorTpl

Now, I can change any resource under web context to interiorTpl just fine and it updates. However, if I change a resource under services context to interiorTpl, it appears to switch and save properly, but it does not update the page/change the template. Clearing cache doesn't work, flushing permissions doesn't work..

Is there something I'm missing here, unrelated to the timezone issue?
                • 70 Posts
                Not sure if this will work for everyone but I did manage to get my template issues fixed. Not 100% sure which one of these steps fixed it and I have tried these in various combinations before. For what it's worth though here it is:

1. Deleted any content/settings I had for default timezone and server offset in Modx system settings. So just blank for both.
                2. Cleared cache and flushed all sessions.
                3. Completely deleted the contents of core/cache.
                4. Dumped a fresh copy of Modx 2.2.0-pl2 over my current install. (proper folder merge settings, backup!, all the normal warnings here.)
                5. Ran the Modx setup and did an upgrade (I was already at 2.2.0-pl2 but what the heck)

After that I logged back in and everything worked fine. Anyway hope that helps someone. Worked for me.
                  • 20 Posts
                  Pleeeeeeease help.

I can't change template unless I use quick edit. Just reverts to old template as everyone else. Can save OK (not grey out)...

I have tried everything, changing my .htaccess, index.php, system settings (date_timezone). I have also followed kevince52 method of updating with joy at all.

The only thing that I can't change is: date.timezone, which is set to: no value & no value. I presume this is the cause.

I have no access to php.ini as I am on a shared server, and have no option to change this with the hosts.

I am in the UK so and my mysql is GMT, my Default timezone is UTC...
                  Please help I am totally baffled by this, and it seems that an extremely large numbe of other users are too.

I am on MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional) [ed. note: mitchmodx last edited this post 12 years, 2 months ago.]
                    • 20 Posts
                    I have reinstalled a clean version of MODX Revolution 2.2.0-pl2 (traditional) on a different directory, and low and behold it still reverts to the old template.

It's a UK server for my Mysql (time GMT), and I am in the UK and have had php set to UTC & London/europe with Modx, so all should be good. The one thing I can't change is date.timezone, which is set to: no value & no value. And am 99% certain this is causing our problems.

Is there anyway I can change this without touching the php.ini file (shared hosting, as most will probably be)

This is a bit of a shame as we are using this as a test for a small client before we use Modx on a multi national project at our agency, and all my boss can see is that it needs to be hacked to work a base installation, and even when we try to do that, it still doesn't work!, God forbid they are wanting to use the tried and tested less superior wordpress again.
                      • 70 Posts
                      I take it you tried removing any settings for date_timezone and server_offset_time in Modx? When I started having issues with this it was because changed those settings.

All I can say is the steps I outlined above did work for me at least on one install. A don't currently have a site that has this problem so I can't repeat the fix. I'll post as soon as it comes up though.

I do agree that this is a shame. Something did change with 2.2.0 that seems to be causing this. I've worked with Revo since it came out and have at least 12 sites running on it. I've used the same development environment and the same production servers and never had this issue until 2.2.0. Hope someone smarter than I can figure this out.

A fix may be to force a save of the resource as soon as the template is changed rather than caching it. I'm pretty sure that would not cause me any grief. Browser refreshes anyway. Anyone else?