We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    I changed the Modx system setting to match the phpinfo at web root. Cleared cache, flushed permissions and everything worked. Still curious how Modx is able to effect a phpinfo call. Anyway...
      • 20 Posts
      Well, it is definitely to do with summertime saving, as mine all work now. I did try adjusting to compensate previously (before the time changed as I thought this maybe the case) but had no joy.

Maybe a ticket needs to be sorted to get this bug sorted.
        • 20 Posts
        Seems like this has also been fixed in the new release.

Corrected timezone issue on servers where PHP settings are incorrect.

http://modx.com/blog/2012/04/03/revolution-2.2.1-readies-for-modx-cloud-and-more/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=revo221&utm_campaign=revo221
          • 5 Posts
          I know this is old, but I have been trying to fix this template thing not switching for 3 whole days now and tried literally hundreds of things. I was finally able to get the default "Web" one to work with switching templates but only by using the quick update function.

But in my account I have added 2 more separate contexts with a domain associated with each one, I used this installation method here to get it to work:

http://www.belafontecode.com/modx-revolution-hosting-multiple-domains/

I used Option 2 on that installation page so they go in separate folders. And now I cannot get these 2 contexts to change templates (but I can still get the template to change on the first "web" context by using quick update).

Anyway, if anyone wants to help me troubleshoot this here is what my files look like:

/modx-2.2.3-pl/ht.access :

#MAP TLD TO CUSTOM SUBDIRECTORY
          RewriteCond $1 !^context2domain/
          RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.context2domain\.com
          RewriteRule (.*) /context2domain/$1 [L]

#MAP TLD TO CUSTOM SUBDIRECTORY
          RewriteCond $1 !^context3domain/
          RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.context3domain\.com
          RewriteRule (.*) /context3domain/$1 [L]

# The Friendly URLs part
          RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www\.maindomainofhostingaccount\.com
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

/modx-2.2.3-pl/config.core.php :

<?php
          define('MODX_CORE_PATH', '/home/user/public_html/modx-2.2.3-pl/core/');
          define('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');
          ?>

/modx-2.2.3-pl/context2domain/ht.access :

RewriteEngine On
          RewriteBase /
          # The Friendly URLs part
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
          RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
          RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

/modx-2.2.3-pl/context2domain/config.core.php :

<?php
          define('MODX_CORE_PATH', '/home/user/public_html/modx-2.2.3-pl/core/');
          define('MODX_CONFIG_KEY', 'config');
          ?>

/modx-2.2.3-pl/context2domain/index.php :

}

/* Set the actual start time */
          $modx->startTime= $tstart;

/* Initialize the default 'web' context */
          $modx->initialize('context2domain');

/* execute the request handler */
          if (!MODX_API_MODE) {
          $modx->handleRequest();
          }

The other domain is setup the same way. I can get the domains to load with the appropriate document, its just I cant get the template to update.

If someone has any advice on this that would be great.

I did read this whole forum topic and tried everything mentioned, but no luck. And yes the time zone is the same across everything. It's weird I can get the template to change on the default "web" context but not any of the other contexts I made with other domain names.

I've been trying to get this to work non-stop for 3 days now and I am about to give up and go to another CMS..

UPDATE: I just solved the problem!!! All I had to do was rename all my ht.access files to .htaccess and now I can change the templates for anything!!!! PHEW... (but only with the "quick update Resource" function though)

[ed. note: couvier last edited this post 11 years, 10 months ago.]