We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 156 Posts
    @FuryDE: are you having that problem with YAMS in your backend manage images?

Because I was having that, but in Frontend. Now I switched to backend and everything is ok, and I’ve got quite complex Maxigallery calls. Can you give us more infos? for example, iframe manager url and other infos?

Cheers,

Roberto
      • 156 Posts
      Quote from: Amrit at Feb 25, 2009, 02:18 AM

Can’t figure this out... huh

I’m using mg_backend with MaxiGallery 0.52 and 0.9.6.3.
      I have 19 identical sites, whereof 18 is subdomains to 1 of them.

I made one site and duplicated it, files and database
      Then I changed some prefix values for the tables, uploaded all files, imported the sql-file and voilá, it works for all the subdomains.

The only thing that doesn’t work in the my base-domain (or whatever it’s called) is mg_backend.
      What happens is that when I try to access the Tab for Edit Gallery, all I see is the preview window and it displays the root of the site, eg www.dummyroot.not

I have tried the process of duplication 3 times now, same result. (The 18 sudomains works flawlessly to duplicate)
      I even tried deleting everything that had anything to do with ManagerManager and it’s widgets and started all over with a fresh install with MM first, then mg_backend. No luck.

Then I got annoyed and deleted everything, installed a clean 0.9.6.3, installed MG 0.52, installed MM 0.3.2.1 and then installed mg_backend.
      Ofcourse it didn’t work. Not on this domain. It DOES work on EVERY other site I have tried.

I went back, deleted a subdomain, redid the whole duplication-process, and voilá, ofcourse it works too...

This is starting to become the center of my Universe.

Anyone has any ideas? (And yes, I am somewhat crazy. It usually works for me, but not this time)

I switched from developing (using a local server without FURLs) to "quasi-production" (using FURLs and mod_rewrite), and I’m experiencing this problem... When I go to the Edit Galleries tab, it shows my home page...

Anyone has got and solved this?

Cheers,

Roberto
        • 204 Posts
        What I am assuming you are having is the mm_backend is grabbing the index.html instead of the index.php?

What I did to solve this problem was edit mg_backend_manager.php source location the from mangermanager widgets.
        		mm_createTab($title, 'mgmanager', '', '', 'Si la ficha está vacía, por favor, haga clic aquí para <a onclick="saveRefreshPreview();" href="#"> guardar y actualizar</a><iframe id="mgmanager" src="'.'http://YOUR-DOMAIN.com/index.php'.'/?id='.$docid.'&mmgal_id='.$_GET['id'].'" height="550" width="100%" scrolling="yes" frameborder="0"></iframe>');

Hope this helps.
          • 221 Posts
          Hi,
          Please advice me.
          I need to have diverent coustom settings of MaxiGallery snipped (like size and quality of thumbs). But when I use backend manager for uploading photos it uses default settings.
          Is there a way to change MaxiGallery settings - size and quality on different pages?

Thanks,
          luke
            Lucas from AroundCyprus.net
            • 4,213 Posts
            You need to create multiple documents that are described in step 2. Set all the necessary parameters to these documents.

Then create multiple rules what are described in step 4 and use those previously created documents as needed.

Eg. one document is used for galleries under certain parents, etc..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
              • 375 Posts
              Quote from: Roberto at Feb 10, 2010, 10:49 AM

@FuryDE: are you having that problem with YAMS in your backend manage images?

Because I was having that, but in Frontend. Now I switched to backend and everything is ok, and I’ve got quite complex Maxigallery calls. Can you give us more infos? for example, iframe manager url and other infos?

Hi, I’m having these problems in the manager. To tell the truth, I did not test it in the front-end, but I don’t want to use it in the front-end, either (at least not in the final version).

O my God, I just looked at the URL for the iframe to paste it here. Of course, I did it before. But this time I noticed that the alias path was not correct. I had different aliases in the german text field for alias and in the standard text field wich is not used by YAMS. This somehow misled the form data. Now I have the same alias in all language fields AND that standard field, and now it works.

Thanks, Roberto, for asking. I wouldn’t have looked at the URL again this sharply if you had not asked smiley

Martin
                • 156 Posts
                Are you using friendly urls? Can you paste here your urls?

Because I’m having this error that I wrote some posts ago in this topic...

I found that MODx redirects me to the home page simply because it’s the error page, because I’m having an

ERROR: Too many forward attempts!

The request could not be completed due to too many unsuccessful forward attempts.

I think it’s a FURL issue, I’m currently playing with the urls...

Cheers,

Roberto
                  • 375 Posts
                  I’m using the default .htaccess of MODx 1.0.2. but I had to add code for YAMS and DirectResize plugin.

I’m using FURL paths with duplicate aliases.

I’m using YAMS 1.1.7 alpha RC 8 with "Language dependent root name mode".

The URL for the MG backend manager iframe is
                  http://www.myweb.de/galerien/galerien-fuer-gm-verwalten.html?mmgal_id=65

This now works fine. When I still was having my error, the "galerien" directory part was wrong. "galerien" was the german (current language) page alias, but in the default alias text field there was "galerien-verwalten". That caused the problem for me.
                    • 156 Posts
                      • 375 Posts
                      That URL is generated by the [tt]mg_backend_manager[/tt] widget. The gallery ID is fetched by the [tt]GetGalleryID[/tt] snippet on the "unpublished managing page" wich only contains the MG manager call.