We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 271 Posts
    Russian translation in JIRA.

We have a translation for some components.
    We need to make packages with Language Builder and add these packages to the repository. Right?
      • 4,149 Posts
      elastic:

Nope, Language Builder is deprecated - all you have to do is submit them on JIRA. We will then commit them to SVN. (The Russian translation you submitted is already in SVN at branches/2.0)

We will be packaging all translations into the main distribution. Basically, the exact same way as Evolution.
        shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
        • 271 Posts
        Quote from: splittingred at Jun 22, 2010, 09:19 PM

elastic:

Nope, Language Builder is deprecated - all you have to do is submit them on JIRA. We will then commit them to SVN. (The Russian translation you submitted is already in SVN at branches/2.0)

We will be packaging all translations into the main distribution. Basically, the exact same way as Evolution.
        I meant 3rd Party Components such as: Gallery, Quip, Batcher, etc.
        How to distribute the translations for 3rd Party Components?
          • 4,149 Posts
          Oh, those. Yes. Well, 3rd Party Component translations are up to the developer.

For ones with my name on them, feel free for now to either:

a) post them in GitHub as an issue or download or something in the appropriate repository
          b) post them in the appropriate support thread or forum for each component
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 615 Posts
            I have been partly involved in the Norwegian translation by the Evo 0.9xx-1.01. I’ll try to translate Revo, but it is not possible for me to do this until at least July. You know the story: Time, job, family, life etc. smiley
              I think, thererfor I am! But what I am, and why...?
              • 181 Posts
              Quote from: splittingred at Jun 22, 2010, 06:07 PM

Any update from any of our translators? Has anyone finish a translation?

We’re looking for a translation or two to get in the RC-3 release to test translations.
              As stated above, the German translation is finished (well, for quite some time now... wink). The discussion in the German forum didn’t bring up any bigger issues, so I’ll post the translation on Monday at the latest (I sent my CLA to you in February). I just updated the translation to rev7048.

If you need it earlier, please tell me - you can get it instantly if needed.

Cheers,
              Jan
                This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
                • 181 Posts
                The German translation has been uploaded to http://svn.modxcms.com/jira/browse/MODX-2008.

Cheers,
                Jan
                  • 4,149 Posts
                  Thanks Jan! It’s been committed to SVN and will be in the RC-3 release.
                    • 181 Posts
                    From time to time some phrases are changed, and new phrases are added. How should we handle this? Just attach updated files to the JIRA thread? That’s why I added the revision number to the file names; I’m not sure if this is the preferred way to handle it...

Cheers,
                    Jan
                      • 4,149 Posts
                      Jan,

We’re working on an easier policy to get translations into the main branch. I’ll get back to you when we’ve figured it out.

Thanks for asking.