We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 152 Posts
    The danish translation are on its way - for the next version...
      - A small step for mankind, so why not take two...

Working with web production, graphic design/workflow, photo and education - but are trying to get a life in between!
      • 121 Posts
      Martijn van Turnhout Reply #62, 13 years, 8 months ago
      Is anyone else busy with the Dutch translation? I’ve talked to djemmers, but it seems he’s a bit too busy to complete his work.

Help?
        • 209 Posts
        I would like to contribute an Italian translations for the next version of Revolution. Should I do anything else than the CLA stuff?
          Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
          • 4,149 Posts
          No, just sign a CLA. We’ll have a post here later on how to submit translations for 2.0.1.
            shaun mccormick | bigcommerce mgr of software engineering, former modx co-architect | github | splittingred.com
            • 24 Posts
            Hello guys!

After spending more than a full-time-week translating line by line (you really wrote A LOT of them! This translation has been really exhausting) core and setup files, I’ve finally finished the whole spanish (from Spain) UTF-8 translation.
            And even though I’m really willing to share my efforts with the community and this project, I can’t agree with that CLA contract-thing (not the terms, it’s just that I really don’t like to spread signed contracts here and there, far less when contributing with an open source project with text resources), so I’d like to ask about another way to add my translation to the SVN.

Regards!
              • 634 Posts
              I have just started translating Revolution in Finnish.
                Mikko Lammi, Owner at Maagit
              • Quote from: DiegoBM at Aug 15, 2010, 12:04 AM
                After spending more than a full-time-week translating line by line (you really wrote A LOT of them! This translation has been really exhausting) core and setup files, I’ve finally finished the whole spanish (from Spain) UTF-8 translation.
                And even though I’m really willing to share my efforts with the community and this project, I can’t agree with that CLA contract-thing (not the terms, it’s just that I really don’t like to spread signed contracts here and there, far less when contributing with an open source project with text resources), so I’d like to ask about another way to add my translation to the SVN.

I wish we could take non-CLA’d submissions. We can’t though as a matter policy and to protect the community/project. You’re free to host it on your own for download somewhere and to tell the world about it though, and we really do appreciate the effort.
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 181 Posts
                  Quote from: DiegoBM at Aug 15, 2010, 12:04 AM

Well, I translated Revolution to German, and to be honest, I was very pleased that the MODx guys handle it this way and insist on protecting themselves and the project with the CLAs. It shows the same kind of circumspection that is typical for the whole project and that makes MODx so great. To be sued because someone suddenly says "they had no right to use my work" could endanger the whole project.

You talked about how much work it was to translate MODx. Well, yes, I know what you mean - I did it myself. That’s the reason why I really appreciate their attitude - my "investment" is safe because I can be quite sure that MODx won’t die a sudden death.

I’d like to encourage you to see it from that point of view... wink

Cheers,
                  Jan
                    This message has been ROT-13 encrypted twice for higher security.
                    • 24 Posts
                    Quote from: rthrash at Aug 18, 2010, 07:13 PM

Quote from: DiegoBM at Aug 15, 2010, 12:04 AM

I wish we could take non-CLA’d submissions. We can’t though as a matter policy and to protect the community/project. You’re free to host it on your own for download somewhere and to tell the world about it though, and we really do appreciate the effort.

Ok! Thank you Ryan smiley
                      • 27 Posts
                      Quote from: Henrik at Jul 31, 2010, 05:39 PM

The danish translation are on its way - for the next version...

Hi Henrik

sounds great - I was afraid that a danish translation wouldn’t be made - it seems like this powerful CMS still havent had its breakthrough in Denmark!

Looking forward to the next version