We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,310 Posts
    Maybe I’ve misunderstood.
    I thought you could have three months showing.
    Previous Month , This Month & Next Month all at the same time.

EDIT : I now see that the next, previous, both & none settings are for the extra days to fill the grid at the start or end of the month.
      • 245 Posts
      Erf, excuse me, i don’t understand your problem :’(

Could you post a screenshot of your calendar plz ?
        [b]D
      • The parent thought you could have a full month calendar for September (last month), October (this month) and November (next month) showing all at the same time.
          Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
          Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
          Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
          • 4,205 Posts
          This is a great snippet, thanks grin It took me a little effort to figure it out (specially the concept of the document for the multi results) but once I got it working it is really nice.

I have an observation/question (sorry if they have already been posted); If an event has only a start date I think that it should only have a duration for that one day. Currently it seems that it if there is only a start date it will go on to the end of the month (I am still testing the configurations so I may have missed how to configure this).

Also I wonder if we could ’ajaxify’ it to not need to reload the page when navigating the cal (I know ideas are easy to have, the hard part is to put in the work to make it happen).

Anyway, I have tested several modx cal snippets and this is by far the one I liked the most. Thanks. grin grin
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
            • 245 Posts
            Quote from: sottwell at Oct 01, 2008, 05:23 PM

The parent thought you could have a full month calendar for September (last month), October (this month) and November (next month) showing all at the same time.

@bunk58 : your calendar, only shows this month (october), right ?
            Try with this file, may be i have change something.

@dev_cw : thank you very much smiley council with your friends smiley
            For the duration, it’s "normal". I don’t know, it’s a big deal to indicate the end date ?
            Ahh, ajax, i work on it, but it’s not so easy, a think a day it will be good smiley

PS : excuse my english.

[b]D
              • 2,310 Posts
              Jabberwock,
              What I wanted to do was this.
                • 245 Posts
                I think i understand your request.

You want three calendars with three month (current, previous, next) showing, in the same page, right ?
                  [b]D
                  • 2,310 Posts
                  That was what the client asked for.
                  But they now seem quite happy with one month showing in the sidebar on most pages see here.
                  But if it’s possible to have three it would be a nice feature smiley
                    • 245 Posts
                    Ok, i try to do this. laugh
                      [b]D
                      • 46 Posts
                      computersolutions.cn Reply #150, 15 years, 6 months ago
                      Based on V0.8, a (very) minor addition and a bug fix.

I needed some basic missing functionality -

Click to open the calendar list for date, instead of pop-up. Not sure why thats missing as an option really!

In

function createTagEvents($dom, $mois, $annee, $msg, $id, $action=0, $putLinkStringDetails=true){

Under case 2: {...}

Add

case 3: {
                      $output=’<a href=’.$link.’>’.$dom.’</a>’;
                      break;
                      }

---

Also, there is an error in section:

/*PAGE MULTI EVENT PROBLEME DE DATES*/

if(!Empty($row[’content’])){

SHOULD Read

if (!empty ($valuer[’content’])) {

I’m also looking to add a full page view with Calendar listing as an option for a client, will post the modifications for that once done.

Also Jabberwock, why aren’t using a chunk for output?

The code in /*PAGE MULTI EVENT PROBLEME DE DATES*/ seems like its better suited to output through a chunk using fields, then people can style properly, instead of through the CALx.php code...