We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    hello all,
    i’ve still got the same problem.
    all config paths and folder permissions are correct.
    tried to do the generic response trick, the htaccess trick, nothing works.
    can anyone help?
      • 1,131 Posts
      I’m in the process of testing and configuring a replacement for the current file manager. I’ll go ahead and upload a copy to play with soon...probably in the next few days or so. laugh

Jeff
        Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
        • 2 Posts
        big up!
          • 372 Posts
          Finally !!!

Thanks Brad (edialedarb) !

Quote from: edialedarb at Nov 21, 2007, 02:35 AM

Hello all,

I too was having this problem, but it was only on some installations of MODX on a certain server. My other installations were fine on other servers and I was getting the problem from different machines at different locations. So I ruled out the MODX files (V 0.9.6), any particular machine or AV software.

I tried the fix above mentioned by adrock and that looked like it was going to work but the uploads kept stopping at 50%. So after searching the internet further and non MODX specific, I found this problem has occurred on all sorts of CMS using the resource browser.

Then I found this fix at http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=397798&postcount=9.

But in case the link dissapears one day, here are the detailsin our forum for future reference and adapted to MODX (after the quote).

Well, got it working finally... on my shared host there’s a mod_security Apache module with restrictions set too high, resulting in the below XML error when trying to upload.

details: In the FCK window there’s a bunch of frames, "uploadworker" is hidden but this is the frame that "catches" the upload. After unhiding this frame I received the following error:
          Not Acceptable
          An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mambots /editors /mostlyce/ jscripts /tiny_mce /filemanager /connectors /php /connector.php could not be found on this server.
          (So naturally this is not a valid XML response!)

There are similar problems with Wordpress, PHPBB, vBulletin etc. so the fix is similar to the following, found here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121:

1. create the following .htaccess file (or htaccess.txt):
          <IfModule mod_security.c>
          SecFilterEngine Off
          SecFilterScanPOST Off
          </IfModule>
          2. put here: mambots/editors/mostlyce/jscripts/tiny_mce/filemanager/connectors/php/ (and rename to .htaccess if needed)

Incidentally everything appears to work with folder permissions at 755. Hope this helps someone.

For MODX just change step 2 directory to manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php

This worked for me in FF and IE7, and I didn’t have to apply the fix mentioned by adrock either.

I uploaded the .htaccess file to exisitng working versions of MODX on other servers and there were no problems encountered. So I have decided to add this file to my default installation and just have it there all the time.

I hope this helps someone out.

cheers

Brad

DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
            DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
            gus -- Google URL Shortener
            makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
            MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
            • 697 Posts
            I STILL have this issue. I am unable to apply the fix above, as I am hosting on IIS so dont have .htaccess etc.
            I did note however that it does not occur in FF, however the progress bar does not appear at all?

Despite the error files still upload in IE 7. The client is an IE 7 user so I guess just hiding the alert might be the way to go in my case!!
              • 1 Posts
              Hello everyone. I don’t use Modx, but I do use the filemanager you guys are talking about. After changing my hosting, I was experiencing the same problem: "Invalid XML response from connector". I tried all above suggestions, none seemed to work for me. I Googled around a bit and found this and came to the conclusion that my hosting had enabled "zend.ze1_compatibility_mode" which ironically is not compatible with the filemanager. I could not access the php.ini file of my hosting, therefor I searched for an alternative. I found you can temporarily shut off certain functions of php using ini_set().

In my case, I added

ini_set('zend.ze1_compatibility_mode', 0);

just after

session_start();

of my config.php file in the connector folder. Everything worked like it worked before. Try it.

These were the links I found:

http://www.dmcinsights.com/phorum/read.php?13,24574,24586
              http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ini-set.php

Just wanted to let you know, don’t know if this would be useful.
                • 354 Posts
                I still have the problem, i tried everything mentioned in this thread (the 2 lines of code in the config.php file), the .htaccess fix, switching off the compatibility mode for that config.php script.
                The only thing I managed to get rid of by these fixes is the connector error message but the upload itself still fails.

I am trying to upload a 4M pdf file. The file uploads are limited (by php.ini and the manager to 50 MB) so this cannot be the cause. Curiously enough a small pdf file upload succeeds!

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have tried this on a 0.9.5 install, a 0.9.6. as well as an 0.9.6.1p2 but all running on the same server.
                • See http://php.net/features.file-upload and note all the PHP configuration settings that affect your ability to upload large files.
                    • 354 Posts
                    Quote from: OpenGeek at Mar 06, 2008, 05:36 PM

See http://php.net/features.file-upload and note all the PHP configuration settings that affect your ability to upload large files.
                    Thank you. This was all i needed. It turns out in my case the issue was caused by a max_execution_time setting that was too low.

First i simply set it to 120 (default is 30) and saw that it worked.

Than i figured i’d rather set it for the mcpuk upload script configuration (/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/config.php). I added (right after <?php ) the following:
                    ini_set(max_execution_time,120);

EDIT: One follow-up question : Is it safe to use my config.php for all my MODx installations or is it potentially incompatible with some? I am hoping the Mpuk used for the file browser hasn’t changed since 0.9.5. or longer so i can just upload the config everywhere. Hopefully someone can shed some light on this.
                      • 70 Posts
                      Quote from: speshdiv at Feb 03, 2008, 12:41 AM

In my case, I added

just after

session_start();

of my config.php file in the connector folder. Everything worked like it worked before. Try it.

I had similar problem with fresh installation of modx 0.9.6.1p2, everything was great except uploading images or other files.
                      After creating new folder in resource browser nothing happened...just blank page...upload too...nothing...

In reports/system events I had following error:
                      Implicit cloning object of class ’QuickEditor’ because of ’zend.ze1_compatibility_mode’

After inserting
                      everything come back to normal, upload works fine, folder creation works too...
                        --
                        www.spotkg.com