We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,131 Posts
    Man...to be honest, I don’t have a clue as to what is really going on with this. If I was able to login to your manager I can probably look at what is going on behind the scenes and find the source of the problem. Might just be a PHP configuration option that needs to be changed.
      Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
      • 7 Posts
      Still having a problem with this. Can I confirm if anyone else is having a problem with

the PHP directory under

\manager\media\browser\mcpuk\connectors

being deleted / moved on some uploads? (It’s actually moved into a subdirectory of the assets folder - where the uploaded file was supposed to end up).

• 1,131 Posts
        Huh? Now that is just weird! davidsim, if there’s any way I can login to your manager and have a look please PM me with the info.
          Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
          • 1,024 Posts
          I get the same error message when uploading Images. The message is "invalid xmlresponse from connector".
            • 27 Posts
            I have this problem to. In the image browser in Internet Explorer i get the error message: Invalid XML response from connector
            I have quite a long thread about this issue at the plugins support and it seems to be something out of Modx. So I’m sorry if I’m repeating myself all over the forum. But i really want to fix this.

Franklos or anyone, if you solved this, please leave a comment tongue
              • 177 Posts
              it’s probably a permissions issue, I had the same thing happening.

A simple way to check if it’s a lack of permissions is to attempt to upload through the "file Manager". If you can’t upload through the "file manager" try setting "/assets/images" and "/assets/files/" directory to full access. I’m pretty sure you need 777 access tot hose directories in order to use FCK’s browser functionality.
                • 27 Posts
                Found the solution to my problem "Invalid XML response from connector" at the FCKeditor forum at sourceforge.net which was very god for FCKeditor troubles. This was an old post though and Ive learned they no longer use mcpuk file browser in the editor.

In /manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php/Commands/"GetUploadProgress.php" Just add:

header ("content-type: text/XML");
                echo "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"utf-8\" ?>\n";

directly after:
                //Progresshandler not specified, return generic response

This solved everything for me, i now get the upload progress in both IE and FF and no error.
                So now I’m a happy camper/Modx user
                  • 177 Posts
                  Awesome... great find
                    • 75 Posts
                    Hi All,

I am posting here in hopes someone will hear my cries for help! If not, I may start a new topic. I just wanted to point out that I am having these same issues on my shared hosting plan with GoDaddy. I’m running ModX o.9.6, with the latest version of FCKEditor available, and I am getting the "Invalid XML response from connector" error, even after putting the suggested code into GetUploadProgress.php. This is IE only, and I’m using IE 6. I don’t know if it works in IE 7 or not, but my client will be using IE 6 for the forseeable future. I thought the files uploaded despite the error, and just didn’t show up, but that’s incorrect - they don’t upload at all.

Note that this problem does not occur in Firefox. In Firefox, I can see the files tha thave been uploaded, and I can upload (so I’m assuming it is not a permissions issue). This would be good enough for me, but since this is for a client, I have to find a way to make it work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

*Edit* In the link browser, I can’t upload anything from the "upload" tab in any browser, but in Firefox, I can upload from the "Browse server" button, and I can see everything that’s there. In IE, I can neither upload, nor see what’s already there.
                      • 35 Posts
                      Hello all,

I too was having this problem, but it was only on some installations of MODX on a certain server. My other installations were fine on other servers and I was getting the problem from different machines at different locations. So I ruled out the MODX files (V 0.9.6), any particular machine or AV software.

I tried the fix above mentioned by adrock and that looked like it was going to work but the uploads kept stopping at 50%. So after searching the internet further and non MODX specific, I found this problem has occurred on all sorts of CMS using the resource browser.

Then I found this fix at http://forum.mamboserver.com/showpost.php?p=397798&postcount=9.

But in case the link dissapears one day, here are the detailsin our forum for future reference and adapted to MODX (after the quote).

Well, got it working finally... on my shared host there’s a mod_security Apache module with restrictions set too high, resulting in the below XML error when trying to upload.

details: In the FCK window there’s a bunch of frames, "uploadworker" is hidden but this is the frame that "catches" the upload. After unhiding this frame I received the following error:
                      Not Acceptable
                      An appropriate representation of the requested resource /mambots /editors /mostlyce/ jscripts /tiny_mce /filemanager /connectors /php /connector.php could not be found on this server.
                      (So naturally this is not a valid XML response!)

There are similar problems with Wordpress, PHPBB, vBulletin etc. so the fix is similar to the following, found here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121:

1. create the following .htaccess file (or htaccess.txt):
                      <IfModule mod_security.c>
                      SecFilterEngine Off
                      SecFilterScanPOST Off
                      </IfModule>
                      2. put here: mambots/editors/mostlyce/jscripts/tiny_mce/filemanager/connectors/php/ (and rename to .htaccess if needed)

Incidentally everything appears to work with folder permissions at 755. Hope this helps someone.

For MODX just change step 2 directory to manager/media/browser/mcpuk/connectors/php

This worked for me in FF and IE7, and I didn’t have to apply the fix mentioned by adrock either.

I uploaded the .htaccess file to exisitng working versions of MODX on other servers and there were no problems encountered. So I have decided to add this file to my default installation and just have it there all the time.

I hope this helps someone out.

cheers

Brad