We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 25 Posts
    Seems like I´m having the same problem but I cant seem to solve it!
    I have modx on a subdirectory - mydomain/main

lets see:

In misc. config I have:
    /home/mydomain/public_html/main/manager/media/browser - also tried
    /home/mydomain/public_html/main/manager/media/browser/mcpuk - tryed both with / slash and \ and no slash, also tryed with and without trailing slash at the end, also tryed:
    /home/mydomain/public_html/main/assets

on interface and editors I have for assets:
    /home/mydomain/public_html/main/assets - also tryed both with / slash and \ and no slash and trailing slash at the end
    and assets url:
    http://mydomain/main/assets

The result is when i try to upload images or any other kind of allowed content it freezes with the following message:
    "Upload a new file in this folder (Upload in progress, please wait... 0%)"
    and if i use IE also get a popup with ’Invalid XML Response from Connector’
    I tryed to copy a new mcpuk dir, reinstall all modx and i cant solve this!!
    What should I do next, any hint? Maybe it has something to do with modx being installed in a subdir, its the last thing reamainig to do.
      • 1,097 Posts
      To rule out the firewall thing - Are you able to upload files on other similar sites? If you’re not sure, try adding an attachment to a reply here. (Click Additional Options... to see the Attach bit).
        No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
        MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
        Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
        Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
        Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
        MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
        • 25 Posts
        Quote from: PaulGregory at Aug 23, 2006, 02:32 PM

To rule out the firewall thing - Are you able to upload files on other similar sites? If you’re not sure, try adding an attachment to a reply here. (Click Additional Options... to see the Attach bit).

I can.
        I tryed from diferent locations and even diferent ISP´s.
          • 1,131 Posts
          Any way you could PM me with the address of your manager as well as a username/pass? I can look at the variables and see if they are set properly. smiley

Jeff Whitfield

"I like my coffee hot and strong, like I like my women, hot and strong... with a spoon in them."
            • 25 Posts
            Quote from: Bravado at Aug 23, 2006, 04:34 PM

Any way you could PM me with the address of your manager as well as a username/pass? I can look at the variables and see if they are set properly. smiley

Are the variables on these screenshots?

on scrn-1.jpg I tryed with http:// in the resorces path

On scrn-2.jpg I also tryed:
            /home/mydomain/public_html/main/manager/media/browser and with and without trailing slash
            /home/mydomain/public_html/main/manager/media/browser/mcpuk

Regarding the username and password I would have to request permission to the site owners to create e new user, wich by now would be a little complicated (vacations) .
              • 31 Posts
              I have exactly the same problem and tried all different hints found here in this thread but nothing helps... :-(

When i open the java script console when accessing the Browser i get this error:

Error: this.DOMDocument has no properties
              Source File: http://www.domain.com/manager/media/browser/mcpuk/js/fckxml.js
              Line: 108

Any help would be great! If you want access to check the variables (which should be right) anybody can reach me under [email protected]
              This problems drives me really crazy, it’s the first installation which don’t work!
                • 31 Posts
                Nobody here who is able to solve this?
                  • 4,213 Posts
                  What browser you use? Have you tried using different browser? Have you tried to reupload modx files or just the ones under manager/media? There’s alot of files to upload and some FTP clients may corrupt files on upload or some files might not get uploaded at all..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                    • 25 Posts
                    Quote from: doze at Aug 29, 2006, 10:11 PM

What browser you use? Have you tried using different browser? Have you tried to reupload modx files or just the ones under manager/media? There’s alot of files to upload and some FTP clients may corrupt files on upload or some files might not get uploaded at all..

In my case i´ve done it all...opera, firefox, IE on win and konqueror, and firefox for linux.

Regarding uploads, I’ve uploaded file by file though ftp, and later uploaded a zip (and tar.gz) and uncompressed on the server. I´m thinking in trying tinymce editor module to see if i can upload files trough it.
                      • 31 Posts
                      I tried IE and FF but both with no luck. Tried reuploding, reinstalling and so on...

TinyMCE do use the same upload manager as FCKEditor :-/