We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Ok, actually I see the problem now, and have already addressed it. It’s trying to insert an empty string into the integer ID column - it’s needs to be inserting the value NULL without quotes around it. This was addressed in another thread already and resolved in the code in SVN, see http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/167

Not sure why this only crops up on certain installations and was never a problem before. huh
      • 1,495 Posts
      I think it only happen in MySql 5. I saw a discussion about this, while searching on google, and somebody encountered the same problem, by inserting empty string, instead of null into the primary id with auto increment.
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 616 Posts
        I’m sorry, I still don’t see how to fix this - in etomite, it seems that I was able to get it to work. In etomite, I just had to remove the single quotes around $itemid:

if($a!=1) {
          $sql = "REPLACE INTO $dbase.".$table_prefix."active_users (internalKey, username, lasthit, action, id, ip) values (".$_SESSION['internalKey'].", '".$_SESSION['shortname']."', '".$lasthittime."', '".$a."', ".$itemid.", '$ip')";
          if(!$rs = mysql_query($sql)) {
            echo "error replacing into active users! SQL: ".$sql;
            exit;
          }
        }

however, wasn’t successful in modx
          • 616 Posts
          I think I got it to work - in the accesscontrol.inc.php file I did the following :

$itemid = isset($_REQUEST[’id’]) ? $_REQUEST[’id’] : ’NULL’;

just added single quotes around NULL

I’ll try a clean install again tomorrow and will check again whether it works - however, I’m able to log into the manager and I get the modx main page.

thanks for your help.
          • Very nice find Marco. Thanks for being so persistent!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 616 Posts
              did a clean re-install and can confirm that adding those single quotes solves the problem - I’m able to get the site and the manager.

however, whatever menu layout I choose in the manager, it doesn’t seem to have an impact at all. moreover, there is no wysiwyg editor to choose in the dropdown menu. plugins and modules don’t get installed although they were checked. - there is really some weird stuff going on - maybe some other quotes problems.

just to confirm, I didn’t get any installation errors at all - maybe just one:

in the installation summary, I’m getting this:

Module:
              Field ’disabled’ doesn’t have a default value
                • 7 Posts
                I’ve also had the WYSIWYG editor dropdown problem. However, I didn’t encounter the same problems as mmjaeger on the Manager itself - put TinyMCE in the plugins directory but no joy. Anyone else have this problem? I can look around although I’m new to the app ...

M.

(Hallo Marco! ... it’s been a few years since the early days of WYSIWYG ...)
                  • 3,250 Posts
                  You have to run the installer that came with the modx version of TinyMCE to get it to work.
                    • 7 Posts
                    Quote from: Mark at Jan 07, 2006, 02:46 AM

You have to run the installer that came with the modx version of TinyMCE to get it to work.

I did run the installer, didn’t work, but did notice that the code made it into the plugins directory. I’ll try again. Thanks for the fast response.

Tried again, and it worked. Thanks! I’m psyched now ...
                      • 616 Posts
                      it’s not only a tinymce problem - none of the modules and plugins are installed although they were all checked upon installation!