We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    Hello,

although I didn’t experience any problems installing modx/etomite, trying to start the manager, I’m getting the following message:

error replacing into active users! SQL: REPLACE INTO `cms_etomite`.eto_active_users(internalKey, username, lasthit, action, id, ip) values(1, ’admin’, ’1136107455’, ’’, ’NULL’, ’127.0.0.1’)

does anybody have an idea what the problem might be?

the problem is exactly the same in modx as well as etomite. the settings seems to be o.k. - I was able to install mambo, joomla, and e.g. openengine.

here are some details:

Apache version : Apache/2.0.55 (Win32)
    PHP version : 4.4.1 and / or 5.1.1
    MySQL version : 5.0.18-nt

thank you
      • 577 Posts
      Just a guess.

I wonder if this is a MySQL problem. I run on a much older version and haven’t had problems yet.
        Tangent-Warrior smiley
        • 616 Posts
        I guess the problem is related to MySQL 5 - however, since MySQL is the latest official release and not a beta anymore, I think this issue needs to be addressed a.s.a.p. - I’m sure that more and more webhosts will move to MySQL sooner or later.
        • I’ve not run into issues with MySQL 5 on this end, btw... hrm... (in testing that is)
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • What version of MODx are you running mmjaeger? The issue is there is no space between the table name and the parenthesis starting the field list in that REPLACE statement, which doesn’t seem to work in MySQL 5. I corrected this in the manager in 0.9.1, and just found two more instances of this invalid SQL syntax in the weblogin snippet resources, which I will report/fix this afternoon. In the meantime, you should be able to do a quick search through the code for...

active_users(

and then replace it with...

active_users (

• 616 Posts
              Hello Jason,

thanks for replying - I’m running 0.91 - the latest version I guess. if you’re referring to the accesscontrol.inc.php file, I checked the active_users at the bottom of the file - there is a space after active_users - still doesn’t work.
              • Hmmm, this is curious; it seems to happen to me when moving my site from one DB version to another, but I haven’t nailed down the exact scenario. Try checking the structure of the active_users table, making sure that the ID field’s auto_increment value is set in Extra and that there is not an unsigned value under Attributes.

Did you by any chance export using PHPMyAdmin to load the database for the installation where this is occuring?
                  • 616 Posts
                  just did a regular installation and as mentioned earlier, the problem occurs in modx as well as etomite.
                    • 616 Posts
                    sorry for double-posting, but is anybody working on this - I’m still unable to log into the manager.

thank you in advance for your help.
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      Does the demo site render at all mmjaeger?