We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 616 Posts
    Hello Mark,

I’m just getting a blank white page - PHP 4.4.1 and 5.1.1!
    • It sounds like a bad install. Can you login to the manager?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 616 Posts
        as stated in my first post, this is what I’m getting in modx as well as etomite:

error replacing into active users! SQL: REPLACE INTO `cms_modx`.modx_active_users (internalKey, username, lasthit, action, id, ip) values(’1’, ’admin’, ’1136560036’, ’’, ’’, ’127.0.0.1’)

if I it the browser back button after the above error message, I’m getting this:

« MODx Parse Error »
        MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
        « `` is not numeric and may not be passed to makeUrl() »

Parser timing
        MySQL: 0.0706 s s (1 Requests)
        PHP: 0.0754 s s
        Total: 0.1460 s s
        • Is this a totally clean install... e.g., not trying to maintain a previous config file into a totally empty database?
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 616 Posts
            plain new install with a newly created database - as mentioned earlier, the problem in modx as well as etomite seems to be the same.

meanwhile I successfully installed e.g. openengine, joomla, mambo - no problem at all with those - it’s kind of weird, isn’t it.
              • 1,495 Posts
              Hi,

Do you have phpMyAdmin installed on your server?
              If yes, could you run this query on your phpMyAdmin?
              REPLACE INTO `cms_modx`.modx_active_users (internalKey, username, lasthit, action, id, ip) values('1', 'admin', '1136560036', '', '', '127.0.0.1')

That code will insert manager info into the database, and see if it returns any error or not.

I don’t have MySql 5 with me, so if you would like to go through with this step-by-step with us, it will help us a lot as a developer of MODx.

Report any error when you run those query.

Note: It might be an incompatibility issue with the ommited syntax from the previous version, which is common. I believe Joomla and the others didn’t use that syntax, and we accidentally is using those syntax, either during installation process or inside our system.

Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 616 Posts
                this is what I get:

SQL query:

REPLACE INTO `cms_modx`.modx_active_users(

internalKey,
                username,
                lasthit,

ACTION ,
                id,
                ip
                )
                VALUES (
                ’1’, ’admin’, ’1136560036’, ’’, ’’, ’127.0.0.1’
                )

MySQL said:

#1264 - Out of range value adjusted for column ’id’ at row 1

• 1,495 Posts
                  Thanks for testing it out for us.

Check this link
                  http://forums.belution.com/en/sql/000/095/94.shtml

If you want a quick fix, try to ask your host to disable sql strict. Hope it solve your problem.

Please report back to us if it works or not works.
                  I’ll try to look for it as soon as I have the opportunity to tested it out on MySql 5.0

Regards,
                    Wendy Novianto
                    • 1,495 Posts
                    Core Developer,

try checking this manual
                    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replace.html

I assume replace is not a sql valid syntax, and by having MySql 5.0 in strict mode, which means it will try to use standard SQL syntax, I believe it cause the replace sysntax to broke. This is just assumption from me.

The solution will be to use insert syntax and using on duplicate key update
                    REPLACE is a MySQL extension to the SQL standard. It either inserts, or deletes and inserts. If you're looking for a statement that follows the SQL standard, and that either inserts or updates, look for the INSERT … ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE statement;

Wendy Novianto
                      • 1,495 Posts
                      Would you mind trying this out again for me mmjaeger

INSERT INTO `cms_modx`.modx_active_users (internalKey, username, lasthit, action, id, ip) values('1', 'admin', '1136560036', '', '', '127.0.0.1') ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE username = username;

I haven’t tested it yet, and I never use that syntax before, but hopefully it is being executed with no errors.
                        Wendy Novianto