We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 206 Posts
    (what else is it good for?)
      • 24,544 Posts
      Quote from: Soshite at Sep 10, 2008, 09:49 PM

Since we’ll have the stable download link going to MODx CMS, what do you guys think about using the Downloads tab at Google Code for beta releases of the script, since the "alphas" would be right from the SVN.

We could do a feature/addition freeze on the beta releases, ala Firefox/etc, and have those releases on GC.

Sounds good to me. There should also be a "tag" created for each beta release version so people can easily do a diff on various releases to see exactly what was changed in case trouble crops up.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 925 Posts
        I cleaned up some of the documentation I had imported earlier, made some changes to issues that were posted in the tracker, added a link to Scotty’s documentation in the main page, and created a Google Analytics account for the project (PM me if any of you guys want access to it wink).
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • Soshite, thanks so much for doing this. smiley
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 925 Posts
            Quote from: rthrash at Oct 24, 2008, 01:23 AM

Soshite, thanks so much for doing this. smiley

No problem. smiley I love using this script on my site, and I don’t want to see it die (hence why an open-source project helps to advance it). I do wish I knew what Scotty had planned for 1.4.0 sometimes (since he never released the code / that much into about it).

Hopefully I can do some of my edits to the lang messages (giving positive messages a "green" look, errors a "red" look, etc., to make the script look more professional) around December, when uni’s done until the Spring.

I’ll try to work on importing more of the documentation bit by bit every so often, since it doesn’t take that long to do it. wink

EDIT: http://code.google.com/p/webloginpe/issues/detail?id=4

Maybe this "third" option could be called "admin" or something? It could be done easily by redirecting the e-mail to the admin instead of the user, although I dunno if it should also either message them in MODx’s "mail" system, or do both.

If I have some time next week after my exams/etc., I’ll try to see if I can add this functionality. If anyone else can do it before me, feel free to do it. wink
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • Jeff’s got some things to commit up to the project for administer users so your efforts aren’t solo. smiley
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 925 Posts
                http://code.google.com/p/webloginpe/feeds

That’s neat. RSS and Google Gadgets for the project. wink

http://code.google.com/p/webloginpe/updates/list

They also just added this. It’s like the Changes subtab we all know and love, but it shows changes for everything at-a-glance, and shows how recently it was made (today, yesterday, last 7 days).

EDIT: http://code.google.com/p/webloginpe/wiki/APIInstanceVariables

Got all of those API’s added, as well as a few more parameters. wink
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                  • 925 Posts
                  I fixed the ZIP in the Repository so it doesn’t cause the double-include of that avatar fix. I dunno if this was fixed in the SVN, though.
                    My Snippets
                    -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                    • 925 Posts
                    Could someone either give me a quick rundown, or link me to some place that shows how to sync my computer with the WLPE SVN?

I might have some time in the next few weeks to get some work done. wink
                      My Snippets
                      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                    • Quote from: Soshite at Oct 29, 2008, 09:21 PM

Could someone either give me a quick rundown, or link me to some place that shows how to sync my computer with the WLPE SVN?
                      What software (and OS) are you using to check out the repository?
                        Garry Nutting
                        Senior Developer
                        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                        Twitter: @garryn
                        Web: modx.com