We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Quote from: garryn at Oct 29, 2008, 11:33 PM

Quote from: Soshite at Oct 29, 2008, 09:21 PM

Could someone either give me a quick rundown, or link me to some place that shows how to sync my computer with the WLPE SVN?
    What software (and OS) are you using to check out the repository?

Windows Vista Ultimate (x64), using Tortoise SVN (the x64 build). I’m using it mainly for the Explorer integration.
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
    • OK, what you should is update your checkout every time you start to work on WLPE (if it’s been a day or two since last working on it) AND before every commit - that way, you can make sure that you are capturing everybody else’s changes (you can update anytime, even if you have outstanding changes that haven’t been committed, SVN will do it’s best to merge everything together)

First, in Tortoise SVN (I don’t have Vista so you’ll have to make do with XP screenshots), select the root folder of the SVN checkout, right-click and select Tortoise SVN -> Update to Revision (screenshot here)

Then, on the Update popup that comes up, leave the options as their defaults and click OK.

Most of the time, running the update will not flag any conflicts (i.e. a conflict is where your changes are interfering with someone else’s changes) - if you do get any conflicts and don’t know how to resolve them, post back here and I’m sure someone can explain what to do smiley

Does that help?
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 24,544 Posts
        Quote from: Soshite at Oct 30, 2008, 12:19 AM

Quote from: garryn at Oct 29, 2008, 11:33 PM

Quote from: Soshite at Oct 29, 2008, 09:21 PM

Could someone either give me a quick rundown, or link me to some place that shows how to sync my computer with the WLPE SVN?
        What software (and OS) are you using to check out the repository?

Windows Vista Ultimate (x64), using Tortoise SVN (the x64 build). I’m using it mainly for the Explorer integration.

I also have Vista Ultimate and wanted to mention that you can also install the 32-bit version of TSVN without conflicts. That way, if you have a 32-bit code editor, TSVN may be available inside the editor.

I use NuSphere’s PhpEd and can do everything I need to do with TSVN very conveniently from inside the editor, even merging, branching, and tagging. All the TSVN icons show in the editor’s document tree so I can easily see what I’ve worked on and the status of all the files.
          Did I help you? Buy me a beer
          Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
          MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
          My MODX Extras
          Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
          • 925 Posts
          Quote from: garryn at Oct 30, 2008, 01:00 AM

OK, what you should is update your checkout every time you start to work on WLPE (if it’s been a day or two since last working on it) AND before every commit - that way, you can make sure that you are capturing everybody else’s changes (you can update anytime, even if you have outstanding changes that haven’t been committed, SVN will do it’s best to merge everything together)

First, in Tortoise SVN (I don’t have Vista so you’ll have to make do with XP screenshots), select the root folder of the SVN checkout, right-click and select Tortoise SVN -> Update to Revision (screenshot here)

Then, on the Update popup that comes up, leave the options as their defaults and click OK.

Most of the time, running the update will not flag any conflicts (i.e. a conflict is where your changes are interfering with someone else’s changes) - if you do get any conflicts and don’t know how to resolve them, post back here and I’m sure someone can explain what to do smiley

Does that help?

Yep. wink Thanks. smiley
            My Snippets
            -> PopUpChunk v1.0
            • 925 Posts
            I just noticed something that might be good for a "silent" update for 1.3.2...

Let’s say you have a uncached snippet call in a WLPE template chunk (mine is called RegisterPE). When WLPE loads the chunk, since it’s likely programmed only to output the chunk, it shows the code for the snippet. Obviously, if you uncache call it, it appears, but it does nothing (as expected, since I’m calling a HTML form builder).

I assume it would work alright if you edited the template in the /assets folder, but WLPE really should be fixed to parse the chunk if there’s a snippet call in there (or do what Ditto does and use the [+SNIPPETNAMEGOESHERE+] convention.
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
              • 925 Posts
              http://svn.modxcms.com/crucible/browse/~raw,r=37/modx-components/webloginpe/trunk/assets/snippets/webloginpe/docs/parameters.html

I noticed that this URL seems to have a copy of Scotty’s documentation (since the original site seems to have been nuked somehow). smiley
                My Snippets
                -> PopUpChunk v1.0
                • 100 Posts
                The Russian (cp1251) language file in attachment... (change ext to .php)
                  Sorry for my english! smiley
                • I’ve made a couple of modifications; one to allow the use of an external config file instead of the usual horrendous snippet call parameter list (form templates can be in there also, I use heredoc syntax for them), and the other is I finally got around to re-working the language file and all the references to it to use proper array keys that give a clue as to what the entry is supposed to be about, instead of the numeric array keys.

Is anybody interested in these modifications?
                    Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                    Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                    Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
                  • Quote from: sottwell at Aug 02, 2009, 04:39 PM

I’ve made a couple of modifications; one to allow the use of an external config file instead of the usual horrendous snippet call parameter list (form templates can be in there also, I use heredoc syntax for them), and the other is I finally got around to re-working the language file and all the references to it to use proper array keys that give a clue as to what the entry is supposed to be about, instead of the numeric array keys.

Is anybody interested in these modifications?

YES!
                      Patrick | Server Wrangler
                      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                      • 2,310 Posts
                      Another vote for Yes grin