We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,613 Posts
    I’m missing the function to check several groups which the newsletter will be delivered to.
      Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
      • 1,613 Posts
      When i change my base path in document.parser.class.inc I don’t get an error when sending emails.
      $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/manager/includes";

to:
      $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/manager/includes";

I don’t want to change this parser file. The emails are being send, but i get an error message.
      Is that an problem, or can i fix this an other way around?
        • 1,613 Posts
        don’t forget to set the unsubscribe page to cache off.
        seems to go wrong with unsubscribing, wrong emailadresses are being unsubscribed.
          • 228 Posts
          Quote from: fourroses666 at Apr 10, 2011, 11:51 AM

When i change my base path in document.parser.class.inc I don’t get an error when sending emails.
          $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/manager/includes";

to:
          $baspath= $this->config["base_path"] . "/home/somename/domains/domain.nl/public_html/manager/includes";

I don’t want to change this parser file. The emails are being send, but i get an error message.
          Is that an problem, or can i fix this an other way around?

I’ve been caught out by this every time after performing an upgrade (thus reverting document.parser.class.inc).
          The Client calls me and says the emails are not sending anymore... I forget that this needs to be updated every time!
          Changing the document parser class is not ideal, but I never found time to fix it mainly because I didn’t feel confident I understood how the core works. But this time I think I have nailed it, and the solution was very simple!

Open ’assets/modules/temailer/ajax/send.php’ and add a new line after line 13.

Before:
          	include_once(MODX_MANAGER_PATH.'/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php');
          	$modx = new DocumentParser;

After:
          	$modx->getSettings();
            • 1,613 Posts
            thanks allot crunch!

Before there was no $modx = new DocumentParser; in my file.
            Anyway it looks like this after and i after the change it works!:

include_once("../../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php");
            	$modx->getSettings();
            	// added thes two includes 

etc.
              • 30 Posts
              Hi!

I`ll try to use http://modx.com/extras/package/?id=temailer this plugin with 1.0.5 modx (mysql 5.1.57-log php 5.2.17), but It has some bugs

1. After install module page not work because module has wrong path
              This work
              include_once $modx->config['base_path'] . 'assets/modules/temailer/temailer.php';

2. When I open module I saw ->in attach

Can somebody show me how looks normal interface?

Can somebody from TransEffect LLC create public repository for this plugin or give open license for this plugin?
                • 1,613 Posts
                looks good, only the translated language files are not loaded it looks like.
                prolly some wrong path somewhere?

i have made my own css style and also use the grouped version which was posted some pages back.
                just opened all files and started translating because it had to be dutch.
                  • 75 Posts
                  Sorry guys. I have good intentions, but just have not had the time to devote to this add-on. I encourage the community to do whatever they can. It sounds like you guys have found and fixed plenty of bugs!

If anyone wants to take over this project, you are welcome to. Please just keep the name TE Mailer and any development credits in the source. Then if you add fixes or features, add your own name to development credits.
                    • 1,613 Posts
                    Thanks for sharing the code to us Transeffect.

Question,
                    I have send a very basic email to my hotmailaddress, just some text, no images, no links just to test the mailing.

Seems that hotmail blocks links and images because the email looks suspicious. SmartScreen-filters
                    Can it be because of the weird headers?

When i look i see a weird from: emailaddress, see attachment, thats the emailaddress which is being made automaticly by the emailserver, i can see that standard emailaccount in direct admin.

Is it possible to change this?

• 75 Posts
                      I don’t have a ready answer for this, except to say that the email should be okay as long as it shows that it’s coming from the proper domain. Hotmail’s filter has always been stronger than Google’s or Yahoo’s, so we’ve always had a little trouble with it.

What you can do is research mail headers and Hotmail, and see if there are any additional mail headers that can be added to the generated email so that Hotmail will know it’s a legitimate email. Then add those headers into code in the same spot where the other headers are. It’s around the same code where the email is being generated.