We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 200 Posts
    EDIT: Got it to work! thanks bwente!
      • 372 Posts
      AWESOME. I glad you got it to work.

I used it on a site awhile ago and wasn’t sure if I had all the files that I had changed. The only thing I could recall was the client had the same concern that you had about empty signups.
        DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
        DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
        gus -- Google URL Shortener
        makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
        MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
        • 200 Posts
        great, with the help of bwente, I have front end varification working, but really javascript can be bypassed, has anyone worked out a backend solution for this, really should have both javascript and php work in tandem on this. has the dev mentioned anything about this?
          • 200 Posts
          This area has been quite for awhile, ok guys this has been mentioned quite a bit, but I can find the answer to my case,

I can send out no problem,
          from address and to address of the email arriving is all fine and dandy, but the problem is the same as another had on page 4 or 5 can’t remember I have been going through this thread for a couple hours now, but I don’t have content and the default subject (even though I set a subject when I send). I know I can modify the subject in the send code
          $subject = isset($_POST['subject']) ? $_POST['subject'] : 'Your Newsletter';
          but that kinda defeats the purpose then of setting a subject, because I don’t see a subject placeholder anywhere in the default email template. are there any other resources around for this, cause it works, well at least I feel confident with some tweaking it will really rock and roll.

I have the default tempates, the temailer container with the page to be mailed with the temailer templage assigned to it. and the unsubscribe page in it.

here is two things: one I am using two container pages with redirects to language version of the site, but the temailer container is assigned to root not either of these, and I am using friendly urls.

I don’t know I have been bookmarking responses about sending images and css, but right now I would just like to send a plain text newsletter.
            • 200 Posts
            no one?
              • 133 Posts
              I have 2 working versions, do you have it all figured out or still blank pages?
              I can make a zipfile from my files and show my tree if that helps.

Best CMS eva!
                • 200 Posts
                modxlearner123 Reply #117, 14 years ago
                thanks fourroses, mpearce’s on page 5 did work, I must have messed the syntax up somewhere, had given up on it, went back to it a couple days later, got a clean file from the original download file for the module and edited as in mpearce’s post, works and with full html, has made it through all spam filters on four web mail based test accounts.

it’s nice, I hope it can continue with revo, I am kinda worried because the three extras I am using right now is easygallery2 temailer and webloginpe, and I just got my new site up and running...hate to see what happens when it’s time to move away from evo.

• 133 Posts
                  I haven’t tried revo yet. I also hope it will come into revo. Some small temailer improvements for evo will be nice but it works pritty good.
                    Best CMS eva!
                    • 1,613 Posts
                    Is there a way to change the mailserver the mailing is being send with?

Now it uses the mailserver of the webhosting, but it’s locked on 250 messages a day.
                    I’d like to use an other mailserver like the one of my provider if thats possible.

I like it very much thow, useing it on at least 5 websites now laugh
                      Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley
                      • 1,613 Posts
                      Client gives me a call, there is someone who gets the mailing but it looks like the mail doesnt show as html.
                      The program that has been used is Eudora (mac), but my client also told me in webmail it also isn’t correct.
                      Never had any problems with others thow. Hotmail / outlook, winmail are all ok with me.

Can it be the mailserver changes the html mail because it looks like spam?
                      What could it be.
                        Evolution user, I like the back-end speed and simplicity smiley