We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 358 Posts
    I have the same result:(

Quote from: mmjaeger at Nov 11, 2009, 08:44 PM

thanks - tried to send a newsletter to my email address - however, although temailer tells me that it was successful, I’m not getting anything?
      • 121 Posts
      I’ve noticed, that it’s impossible to include any other language file except `english`.
      That problem connected with variable $path in file’s exist checking.
      As soon as I added this string

$path=’assets/modules/temailer/’;
      after <?php.... in files: subscribe.php and unsubscribe.php problem disappeared.
      Afterwards i could plug the russian file in my template.

Could it possible to add any parameters to snippets in order to define language of subscribe and unsubscribe forms? That will be great for multilanguage sites.
      In any case i added this function by substituting following string:
      $form_language = isset($language)?$language:$modx->config[’manager_language’];
      with

$form_languag = isset($language) ? $language : (isset($__language) ? $__language : ’english’);

How could number of mysql queries be more than number of tables in DB???
        • 12 Posts
        for people using JQUERY, here’s my little hack for the subscribe button.

Just replace the javascript for the te_subscribe() function in the file subscribe.php with the following code below.

Ofcourse, make sure you’ve already called jquery.js in your headers before you use this function.

<script type="text/javascript">
        				function te_subscribe(){
        					//signup
        					$.ajax({
        						type: "POST",
        						url: "<?php echo $url; ?>",
        						data: {
        							name: $('#temailer_name').attr("value")
        							,email: $('#temailer_email').attr("value")
        						},
        						dataType: "html",
        						success: function(data){
        							$('#temailer_form').html(data);
        						}
        					});
        				}
        			</script>

• 133 Posts
          Glad i got it to send laugh

Only after this is changed, before it i had a blank page mailed:

http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,19146.msg256025.html#msg256025
          (change send.php) thanx mpearce

I thought it would look like EVO 1.0 version but the style of the mailer is still old.

Anyway i will go check it out further on soon.

Many thanx transeffect for the module!!
            Best CMS eva!
            • 133 Posts
            Ok well, my subscribe works, but my unsubscribe isn’t sad

In my template which i send i have add the following line:
            <a href="http://www.dev.domain.nl/index.php?id=52&item=[*item*]&key=[*key*]">Unsubscribe</a>

It goes to a page (with id 52 which works) but its not unsubscribing the mailadress it has been send to.

That unsubscribe page has this in the head.
            <script type="text/javascript" src="manager/media/script/mootools/mootools.js"></script>

Does anyone knows why its not working?
            When i add [[TEMailerUnsubscribe]] and go to that page i get an error:

PHP error debug
            Error: include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
            Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
            File: /usr/home/fourroses/domains/xxx.nl/public_html/dev/assets/modules/temailer/unsubscribe.php
            Line: 2
            Line 2 source: include_once(’../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php’);

Do you have to unsubscribe on that page with the snippit or does it do it after visiting the webpage?
            Think i need to make the page work sad What am i doing wrong?

2nd question: how is it possible to add 100 emailadresses not by hand? Phpmyadmin? I wrote somewhere the adresses can be add but isnt shown into the list.
              Best CMS eva!
              • 133 Posts
              Is there anyone who can help me sad or can tell me what they have done plz.
                Best CMS eva!
                • 121 Posts
                It’s obvious that problem is in the line:
                include_once(../../../manager/includes/config.inc.php)

It might help if you change this line with:
                include_once( 'manager/includes/config.inc.php');

2nd question: how is it possible to add 100 emailadresses not by hand? Phpmyadmin? I wrote somewhere the adresses can be add but isnt shown into the list.

It depends on where you store these emailadresses.
                  How could number of mysql queries be more than number of tables in DB???
                  • 133 Posts
                  Thanks for ur reply!

I was searching for all forum messages of the TE Mailer and indeed found out that was the thing to change to fix the error.
                  that works now. http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,42192.msg253185.html#msg253185

These adresses are in databasetable: modx_temailinglist
                  I can see them only i have no experience with adding alot of them in once.
                  Just asking before i fck it up, im so glad this is working atm.

I can see i can import a file or use sql but.. I have a csv file btw.
                    Best CMS eva!
                    • 241 Posts
                    Hey all,

i’m experiencing a very strange problem with TE Mailer.

I’m not using it for sending newsletters but only to allow site users to subscribe.
                    On the my dev server everything works fine.

When i deploy the site via subversion checkout to the production server i see the following:

1. On the TE Mailer module management page the to links ("Main Area" and "Edit Mailing List") are displayed in default link blue and the CSS is pointing to the MODx manager theme. (On my dev server the styles are coming from TE Mailer own style.css)

2. When clicking "Edit Mailing List" the window comes up empty. Even though there are rows in the temailinglist table. (Everything works fine on the dev server).

I have no idea why this is happening since the code and database are identical.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
                      • 133 Posts
                      Maybe some cache problemo? or direct links? htaccess? really sounds weird thow.

Really hope people will make it even better as it is.
                        Best CMS eva!