We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 680 Posts
    The way it is now you can basically turn it on and off. If you choose to modify your template to use [##] instead of [**] then you are enabling it. I tried making it work for all the normal content / TV but it causes a lot of problems with TVs that show up in the header. It is possible to detect whether or not a TV is in the body and automatically add the edit feature to those only. We could have the ones in the header just show up as edit boxes along the top of the page too. That way you could get the ability to just turn it on or off with the filp of a switch but for now I chose to have a little more control over which TVs you wanted to be editable.

I agree with you about the styling. For the time being I didn’t want to go and add a lot of images to the download since that just seems like an unneccesary complication. But if any of the designers want to give it a touch-up I’d be thrilled.
    • Great work Adam... that’s just what the Doctor ordered and should be making it into a Tech Preview coming to you soon! THANK YOU! laugh (p.s. I modified your post to display the images inline... wish SMF did that in a one-step process...)
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 680 Posts
        Sounds good. I should be ironing out a few bugs soon so I’ll make sure to post the updates here.

If it’s decided that it would be better to have all TVs editable with a simple on/off option, as opposed to using [##] I’d be happy to make that change. It shouldn’t be too difficult. Just let me know what you guys think is best.
          • 2,204 Posts
          Quote from: aNoble at Jul 28, 2005, 01:21 PM

In your post you said that you replaced [*loNgtitle*] with [#logtitle#] (no N). Is that just a typo in the post? You may want to check that.

thats a post typo sorry

I have overwritten the files with your files on a updated modx TP3.1 instalation. will try again

[edit]
          I have renamed the files and copyed your files in there place but still not working
          do you not need to change the index.php in the root? cause only the index in the manager is changed but you acces the index.php in the root if you want to display a page.

at this moment the only thing i see after I changed the template is [#content#] instead of the content and again there is no edit button.
          [/edit]
            follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • An on-off option is something that would be preferable in my mind, although I think for now using your syntax addition suffices adequately. I can say with 100% certainty that this will either directly or in a slightly modified form make it into the core. We may, for instance, make it a flag in the Control Panel/Manager like the Hide from Menu checkbox. But great work in any form!
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 680 Posts
              Quote from: Dimmy at Jul 28, 2005, 02:41 PM

Quote from: aNoble at Jul 28, 2005, 01:21 PM

In your post you said that you replaced [*loNgtitle*] with [#logtitle#] (no N). Is that just a typo in the post? You may want to check that.

thats a post typo sorry

I have overwritten the files with your files on a updated modx TP3.1 instalation. will try again

[edit]
              I have renamed the files and copyed your files in there place but still not working
              do you not need to change the index.php in the root? cause only the index in the manager is changed but you acces the index.php in the root if you want to display a page.

at this moment the only thing i see after I changed the template is [#content#] instead of the content and again there is no edit button.
              [/edit]

Has anyone else had a problem with this?

You may want make sure that the page isn’t being cached. That may be causing problems. I hadn’t thought about how caching would affect it, I’ll have to test that out tonight.

The /index.php file does not need to be changed at all. Getting the edit button to render is completely handled in the document.parser.inc.php file. The other three files are for the editing and the saving. So your problem should lie in there somewhere if it’s not a caching issue. If you are seeing the [#content#] then it probably means that the mergeFrontendEditableContent function is not getting called at all.

Check for this code in the document.parser.class.inc.php file.

// HACK - Adam Crownoble 7/20/2005
              // Combine frontend editable document variables with the template
              $source = $this->mergeFrontendEditableDocumentContent($source);
              // END HACK

Sorry for all the hassle. I hope it’s not giving everybody this much trouble.
                • 2,204 Posts
                I did see that in you files

I will install a fresch version on my server and try again.
                Thanks for now. its time for me to go home (+1GMT) its 17:13 already
                  follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
                  • 56 Posts
                  I am very happy that this will make it to the core and will wait until a new release with this function is available. Excellent!
                    • 577 Posts
                    Great stuff !

Dual admin abilities -- now that would be really sweet !!
                      Tangent-Warrior smiley
                      • 1,732 Posts
                      Very very nice Adam smiley

This is a very nice feature to have. I’ll be looking at it and how to get it working with 3.1 and the future TV2 stuff.

Now, did I hear someone saying get it inside the core? Or make it into a plugin?

What’s your take on this Adam? What do you guys say - Core or Plugin?

Can someone setup a poll for this?

xWisdom
                        www.xwisdomhtml.com
                        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
                        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.