We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 3,250 Posts

2. Instead of having quickedit links showing up for every page whenever a user is logged in, I’d like to put a small, unobtrusive "edit page" button somewhere in a template, e.g. upper right corner, which would refresh the page with links turned on.

There is a simple way of doing this via js. Just write a js to show/hide divs and edit the quickedit plugin to surround the output with a div. Then when you initialize the script via a link or button the script finds all the div elements that match a criteria and hides or shows them.
      • 680 Posts
      Quote from: jlarson at Sep 14, 2005, 01:32 AM

1. I would like manager users to be able to edit unpublished pages. It’s an easy hack to show the page, but the Quickedit links don’t appear and I’m not finding where to turn them on. Perhaps system events won’t fire for an unpublished page?

This is something that we need to work out. I’ll look into why the links aren’t showing for unpublished pages. It’s probably a simple flag in the getDocument function. It would be nice to have a change in the core so that a logged in user could see unpublished pages. I’m going to see if I can get published and unpublish working through quickedit too.

Quote from: jlarson at Sep 14, 2005, 01:32 AM

2. Instead of having quickedit links showing up for every page whenever a user is logged in, I’d like to put a small, unobtrusive "edit page" button somewhere in a template, e.g. upper right corner, which would refresh the page with links turned on.

This will be built into the next release. I’m working on it now.

I’m sorry I havn’t had more time to make QuickEdit improvemnts, I have about four other projects going on now on top of my full-time job, so spare time has been scarse.
        • 2,204 Posts
        I can not get the manager login snipped to work on tp3.2
        did anything change? or is that snipped only working on the modded files for tp2.2?

I tryed it on 3 installes i made, it shows the login but when logging in nothing happends when you are logged in the normal way it does see that i am logged in but pressing logout does not work. could you fix this?
        Thanks a lot.

Greets Dimmy
          follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
          • 680 Posts
          Quote from: Dimmy at Oct 06, 2005, 07:01 AM

I can not get the manager login snipped to work on tp3.2
          did anything change? or is that snipped only working on the modded files for tp2.2?

It should work five with 3.2 I’ve used in on a few 3.2 sites myself.

It sounds like chaching could be your problem. Try using [!ManagerLogin!] or turning caching off on the page.
            • 113 Posts
            I have an installation, now TP3.3, that had the original Quickedit module and the manager login snippet installed to login at the frontend. For some reason it stores the session variables separately, so that manager mode does not see the session created by the snippet, and the frontend does not see the session created by the manager login. So you have to log in twice to get to the backend and to use Quickedit in the frontend. How do I fix this?
            • Hi Jim, the manager and front end sessions are separate on purpose. TP3.3 never shipped, did you mean the 0.9.0 release?
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                • 113 Posts
                Oops--yes I meant 0.9.0. Well then, my clean installation of the demo site lets me get to both the manager and Quickedit with only one login. How does that work?
                  • 3,250 Posts
                  You access QuickEdit with a MANAGER account.
                    • 113 Posts
                    Sorry if I’m not being clear. On the installation in question, when I log in to the manager the normal way, I am unable to access Quickedit. I have to log in using the frontend manager--not web user--login snippet (created by anoble--http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,697.0.html). Same when I log in using the snippet, I still need to directly log into the manager. Each login creates separate sessions that don’t see each other. What I’m confused about is which should be the normal behavior--I’m assuming that the correct behavior is for the normal manager login to also access Quickedit, and I’ve got to find a problem somewhere.
                      • 3,250 Posts
                      Yes, that is how this is supposed to be. So if I am understanding you correctly, the demo site you installed works properly but the upgraded site does not?