We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    So I think we have a solution for our problem !!!

We activated the user friendly urls in modx, therefore it is necessary to have the .htaccess file to use this feature.
    So, in this .htaccess file of modx (default .htaccess of modx), after the line

RewriteEngine On

comes

RewriteBase /modx

-> this line must be commented out, or the path must be adjusted.
    #RewriteBase /modx

Course we have had moved the content of modx folder to the httpdocs folder.

We changed the server, but I hope this little thing fixed your problems laugh

Write me your experiences.
      • 15 Posts
      Hmm ... the problem occurence again. It was only a try. It’s a pity. undecided
        • 106 Posts
        Guys, I’m having what looks to be the same issue. It’s driving me nuts! The front end of the site is fine but every now and then, the /manager/ is just blank. I’m on a shared server hosted at media temple:

Front End
        http://72.47.222.55/

Back End:
        http://72.47.222.55/manger/

Is this a server issue or a Modx issue? My feeling is it’s a server issue. Anyone have a solid answer on this?

Regards,
        Matt
          • 223 Posts
          As previously stated I am seeing the same issue, but it does appear to occur on multiple installs, on differing servers, and with both IE7, Opera, and Firefox (Windows and Mac).
            • 17 Posts
            It’s probably the server config as this seems to be a distinct though not mainstream problem according to this forum.

For my clients I’ve had to look for another CMS (Website Baker as a poor compromise). They were not interested in moving to another hosting company at this point.

The issue is not unique to the latest MODx rev as the host’s site also broke a site where MODx v 4.5 was working fine previously. This coincided with that company’s (AussieHQ) move to MySQL 5 and PHP 5. My feeling is that one of their defaults for PHP 5, in particular, is breaking some of the include commands in MODx’s manager module (any recent version).

If we could work out what defaults break the manager module in particular, then we can fix it by requesting a change to that configuration.

For now, I insist that my clients hosting company ensures thay can run MODx manager without any issues.

Some companies in Australia actually offer MODx as part of their hosting package.

FWIW - some php/mysql heroes can check a dump of the hosting environment that seems to break the manager module at http://edutainment.com.au/phpinfo.php

If we could locate the consistent server deal breaker in the configuration, we could revise the installation script to include new alerts (as it does with ensuring certain folders and files are writeable) before running the full install in the next rev.
              The shallower you are, the more ground you cover.
            • pragmatic: it seems very odd that you are saying you are using MySQL 5, because the phpinfo link you provided shows it is using a very old MySQL client API (4.1.22)
                • 17 Posts
                Thanks for that. I’ll check it out with tech support who gave me that information, earlier.
                  • 17 Posts
                  According to AussieHQ’s tech support the reference to 4.1.22 is just the version of the API that communicates with the MySQL server.

They said that phpinfo utility would not be able to read back the actual MySQL OS version. They affirmed that it was 5.0.48.
                  • Quote from: Pragmatic at Apr 23, 2008, 04:25 AM

According to AussieHQ’s tech support the reference to 4.1.22 is just the version of the API that communicates with the MySQL server.

They said that phpinfo utility would not be able to read back the actual MySQL OS version. They affirmed that it was 5.0.48.
                    That’s correct, and using a version 4.1.x MySQL client with a 5.0.x server can produce unpredictable results.
                      • 17 Posts
                      I’ll relay this back and see if I can get that upgraded with view to trying another install to see if the manager module comes good.