We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Check the database, you can read the event log entries from there. Maybe that will have some clues.
      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
      • 15 Posts
      Hmm seems that you have the same problem like we have.
      In the manager we get periodical "white pages", only manual loading the frame content can, sometimes, reactivate the site.

Beyound these "white pages", we get at the login page a "white page" too including an "500 Internal Error". Only reloading the page can reactivate the login page. To this problem there comes, that sometimes the nickname and password will not be accepted, although these data are right. Then only an alert without any text message appears.

These behavior goes with all other modx 0.9.6.1 pX versions. We have 5 modx installations on our server, but all of them are affected.
      • Is your server running mod_security Tillmor?
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 15 Posts
          Seems that there is no mod_security running. Here a list of running mod:

core prefork http_core mod_so mod_actions mod_alias mod_auth_basic mod_authn_file mod_authz_host mod_authz_groupfile mod_authz_default mod_authz_user mod_authn_dbm mod_autoindex mod_cgi mod_dir mod_env mod_expires mod_include mod_log_config mod_mime mod_negotiation mod_setenvif mod_ssl mod_userdir mod_php5 mod_perl mod_python mod_jk mod_rewrite mod_fcgid mod_suexec mod_bw

We get always a 500 Internal Server Error, a blank page. After 100s of reloads sometimes it goes.
          No reportings in the error_log of apache. Where can I look after loggings? Will this error be logged?
          • Perhaps it’s a shared server that just gets starved for MySQL resources on occasion?
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 15 Posts
              Thats not the problem. CPU usage at 0% - 5% (2 GHz Opteron). No starving.
              Its no shared server, it root (dedicated).

PHP Version 5.2.5
              Apache/2.2.3 (Linux/SUSE)

We looking forward to handle this problem in the near future, or a little hope - a new server. But I think that could not be the problem.
                • 223 Posts
                I have had this same experience. Different areas of my admin section go blank after saving. Sometimes it is the header with the navigation, other times it is the left column with the navigation tree, but most of the time if occurs in the right column. I have multiple Modx installs running on this machine and all are p2, this is the only install I am having this difficulty with.

MySQL 5.0.48-1.el4.art
                PHP 5.2.5-2.el4.art
                perl-Apache-ASP 2.57-cos4.build82070706.15
                OS centos-4
                  • 15 Posts
                  If your pl2 version of modx is your sole complaint, so its quite good. Cause if I have the problem with the login manager of one version, it will take only a little time and all other modx versions are been affected. But there are times, all runs very well. Where can I find out the problem. Is it a server configuration error???
                    • 17 Posts
                    I’m also suffering from getting a blank page when trying to log in as manager.

See helpcentre.com.au - a fresh install as of today.

Apache: 2.0.52
                    PHP 5.2.5
                    MySQL - 5.0.48
                    Linux

My hosting company aussiehq.com.au are responsive. However changes to php.ini need to be requested and they manually change it.

Once of twice I was able to ge to a log in page and even got to see the full frame. However more often it’s just a blank page.

Happy to share and take on board suggestions.
                      The shallower you are, the more ground you cover.
                      • 17 Posts
                      My host support made some changes to the include files in its overall php.ini.

So I can now get to the manager log-in screen. Hooray!

Now I’m still running into a new set of issues.

The frameset display in the manager is flaky and there is no left column file where the manager should be operating. Refreshing the display brings up tantalising bits from time to time.

I’ve attached a screen grab of an example of what I see.

Sometimes the top navigation bar will be missing as well.

My web host support is happy to make any suggested changes to the php.ini file to fix this.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Pragmatic
                        The shallower you are, the more ground you cover.