We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 315 Posts
    Thanks ZAP,

My site is just in testing so I can live with it for the time being and I’ll upgrade as soon as 0.9.6.2 is released.
      BBloke
      • 2,113 Posts
      Sorry, I know English very badly, but I think, that error in 1.6.1 version can be corrected. Problem of saving TV is result of attempt to replace numerical field by non-numerical value. MySQL error for site_tmplvar_contentvalues: Incorrect integer value: ’’ for column ’id’ (SQL: REPLACE INTO `<correct path>site_tmplvar_contentvalues` (id, tmplvarid, contentid, value) VALUES (’’, 1, 11, ’xxxx’)).

For solving:

Find problem file:
      manager/processors/save_content.processor.php

Problem in line:
      $tvChanges[] = '(\''.$tvIds[$tvId].'\', '.$tvId.', '.$id.', \''.mysql_escape_string($tvVal).'\')';

It is necessary to replace on:
      if ($tvIds[$tvId] == '') $tvIds[$tvId]="NULL";
      else $tvIds[$tvId]='\''.$tvIds[$tvId].'\'';
      $tvChanges[] = '('.$tvIds[$tvId].', '.$tvId.', '.$id.', \''.mysql_escape_string($tvVal).'\')';

New SQL (TV are saving):
      REPLACE INTO `<correct path>site_tmplvar_contentvalues` (id, tmplvarid, contentid, value) VALUES (NULL, 1, 11, ’xxxx’)

Or I do not understand something?
        Создание сайтов на MODx, поддержка сайтов, поисковая оптимизация, программирование, копирайтинг
        Статьи о MODx, регулярно новые публикации
      • AKots, thanks for taking the time to figure that out and share the solution. We’ll get this patch reviewed, tested, and into the next release of the 0.9.6 branch.
          • 213 Posts
          got the same problem. modx 0.9.6.1 php 4.4.4, mysql not in strict mode. tvs are text mode, i’ve applied akots’ patch but it got no effect. i have some more sites on similar environment (same hosting company) but only on this installation this problem exists.
            • 213 Posts
            ie7, opera, firefox
            tinymce on/off, cached/uncached
              • 213 Posts
              ok the problem was because of dot in the name of tv.
              ’tt.aerokick’ was messing things up.
              • Quote from: rav3n at Oct 03, 2008, 03:41 PM

ok the problem was because of dot in the name of tv.
                ’tt.aerokick’ was messing things up.
                Good news is that in the not-too-far-away MODx 0.9.6.3, you’ll be able to have dots in TV names smiley
                  Garry Nutting
                  Senior Developer
                  MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
                  Twitter: @garryn
                  Web: modx.com
                  • 409 Posts
                  ...and MODx 0.9.6.2 is yet available smiley
                    • 213 Posts
                    Quote from: garryn at Oct 03, 2008, 03:43 PM

Good news is that in the not-too-far-away MODx 0.9.6.3, you’ll be able to have dots in TV names smiley

really, good news, everyone wink
                      • 1,611 Posts
                      Are there spaces in your TV names? If so, try renaming them.
                        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn&#39;t very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options