We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,611 Posts
    There was a change in how TVs are saved in 0.9.6.1 to correct a JavaScript issue in previous versions, so that’s why 0.9.5 wouldn’t cause the same problems for you. It seems as if the REPLACE INTO syntax may be causing this issue for some specific MySQL version or setup (is that used anywhere else in the core code?). I’m not familiar with this syntax or issues related to it, but there are suggestions in the comments here to use UPDATE (or INSERT ... ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE) for better efficiency and backwards-compatibility.
      "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options
      • 7 Posts
      Quote from: EVD at Nov 21, 2007, 08:21 PM

I’m use MySql 5.0.45 and in my case helped disable strict mode.

That solved my problem. Nice. cool
        • 409 Posts
        mkash : lucky guy....

In my case, the problem is’nt solve sad

So, I have :
        - MySQL 5.0.32 with strict mode disabled
        - ModX 0.9.6.1
        - TinyMCE disabled...

What can I do ?
        • Spheersys:

It’s strange that this cannot be reproduced; can you provide details about the specific template variables (types, default values, etc.) causing you the problems, and confirm/deny if it is a result of using your browser’s auto-complete feature?
            • 409 Posts
              • 409 Posts
              mkash has a version of MySQL more newer... maybe it’s the solution ?
              But it’s not easy for me to upgrade MySQL on the host server....
                • 409 Posts
                I try to use php4 instead off php5 : same problem sad

Is it possible to downgrade from 0.9.6.1 to 0.9.6 ?
                • Quote from: Spheerys at Dec 19, 2007, 01:18 PM

Is it possible to downgrade from 0.9.6.1 to 0.9.6 ?
                  Nope, no such thing as a downgrade; that’s what backups are for.
                    • 315 Posts
                    I’m having the same problem with TV’s and I’m using 0.9.6 with Apache 2 on Windows. I’m also seeing errors on some other TV’s too.

Two TV’s which are just Text are not saving consistently. (fields blank)
                    Two TV’s are also not saving consistently (HTML widget - field text is odd).

I have been using both top and bottom Save buttons. I have also used the Quickedit link via the main web site page (this works in the normal text box case but not with the other two TV’s).
                    The field just doesn’t save into the database.

On the two TV’s that save something:
                    They are URL TV’s that use the Hyperlink Widget.

I can enter a URL but sometimes the URL is converted to: $vwww.anywhere.com instead of http://www.anywhere.com (the http:// is in the drop down box.) or It will produce a link that is my website address ending in -- (ie. http://www.anywhere.com/anypage--

I’m currently using 12 TV’s on specific page which are in a random order. I’m going to change the order of the TV’s and see what happens.

I know I can’t offer anything other than it doesn’t work and I can’t see a reason for it but it’s just to let you know I get the same thing in 0.9.6.

I’m using FF btw.
                      BBloke
                      • 1,611 Posts
                      The URL TV issue is a minor bug described (with instructions for fixing it) here.

Regarding the TVs that are not saving consistently, if you are still using 0.9.6 (not 0.9.6.1), then I believe that you still have the JavaScript that was causing this problem. Upgrading should fix it, although if it’s not really urgent I personally would wait for 0.9.6.2 (which is due out any day now). The other circumstance which appears to cause TVs not to save consistently in 0.9.6.1 is when there is one or more spaces in the TV name (rename them and see if that helps).
                        "Things are not what they appear to be; nor are they otherwise." - Buddha

"Well, gee, Buddha - that wasn't very helpful..." - ZAP

Useful MODx links: documentation | wiki | forum guidelines | bugs & requests | info you should include with your post | commercial support options